2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’ve read that if a person takes a hit to the chest at just the right time it can trigger a heart attack.  Read a story about a hockey player this happened to. Can’t help but wonder if that’s what happened here.  Of course I’m speculating.

Yep.  Those are my thoughts as well.  I've also heard of it happening to baseball players that take a line drive to the chest.  

My best friend texted me this. He has friend he knows who’s wife is a doctor. Texted him this of course this pure speculation and could be way off from the truth. 

Steph says most likely whiplash on the hit causing c3 spine injury which related to a lot of heart function. Causing a pulmonary embolism. Since they were doing CPR he was technically dead on the field.

• Sad 2

Wasn't watching and just check in here. Thankful I think to have missed it. Thoughts and prayers to the player, family, teammates, coaching staff, fans, etc. 

Just scary and tragic. Honestly, it scared me yesterday seeing Foles writhing in pain after the sack that knocked him out of the game. Like I was concerned it might be much more serious than it even was. Weird coincidence to be hearing about this tonight.

Edited by D-BONE

59 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’ve read that if a person takes a hit to the chest at just the right time it can trigger a heart attack.  Read a story about a hockey player this happened to. Can’t help but wonder if that’s what happened here.  Of course I’m speculating.

Saw a doctor on youtube that said that's probably what happened. I believe there was a little league game around Indy some years ago where a kid got hit in the chest by a pitch. Same thing happened, fortunately there was either an emergency room doc or cardiologist there and I believe also a defibrillator. The kid was fine.

• Thanks 1