2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My wife's family just moved out there from Chicago....KM isn't liked by many at all. Nothing like having a $200M anchor tied to your franchise who the majority doesn't like. 

Besides Mahomes just because of Kelce....Herbert is my favorite QB in the league.

Same. 

Stroud hasn't declared for the draft and some are saying he is thinking about going back to school.  If this happens then Chicago will really be able to hold a kings ransom for that pick.

Also that tie against the Texans still is killing nthe Colts. If that was a loss then we would have tied the Cardinals for the second worst record and ahead the Texans.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Stroud hasn't declared for the draft and some are saying he is thinking about going back to school.  If this happens then Chicago will really be able to hold a kings ransom for that pick.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2023/1/13/23553978/cj-stroud-nfl-draft-rumors-will-he-return-to-ohio-state-2023-nil-chicago-bears-trade

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Also that tie against the Texans still is killing nthe Colts. If that was a loss then we would have tied the Cardinals for the second worst record and ahead the Texans.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Hope he stays...not for our first game next year but because the potential haul only goes up now for the Bears. 

In terms of Stroud. Good on him if he chooses to stay. Not sure what he gains because being a top 5 pick in the NFL draft and generational wealth doesn't get to be improved much. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope he stays...not for our first game next year but because the potential haul only goes up now for the Bears. 

In terms of Stroud. Good on him if he chooses to stay. Not sure what he gains because being a top 5 pick in the NFL draft and generational wealth doesn't get to be improved much. 

Even if he gets a lot of NIL money I don't think it would match what a top pick would get. Last year the top pick signing bonus was over 23 million and even the 50th pick got over 2 million bonus 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Was just going to post this. The amount of dumb involved here by Staley is unreal.....and I feel a very fireable offense. Shoot Staley just helped them out so they can enter the Payton sweepstakes. Honestly Chargers would be the team I'd roll with if I'm Payton anyway.

He was on thin ice already. He gone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don’t buy it. He and his agent are just trying to drum up hype. If he leaves this year he’s a top 3 pick next year he might be the 4th best QB in the draft and fall out of the top 10-15 depending on team needs.

I was thinking about the draft. Man I would love if say Bears trade out of 1 to like 5 or 6. Then they had to trade back up to us for the defensive player they wanted giving us another second and we can maybe still get Levis or Young or whichever qb fell to 3rd. I prefer not to trade up because I don’t think any are sure fire studs but I don’t mind keeping my ammo or acquiring more while still taking a shot with one. I wouldn’t hesitate a bit to take one in the first this year and turn around and take another next if I fell in love with one next year.

This Niner team doesn't look like a team that's won 10-straight.  They had a 3rd/10 earlier and they run a draw play?  Then they squib it with 15 seconds on the clock, followed by a PF 15 yrd penalty.  You can't give up points like that in the playoffs.  We're starting the 2nd half and moving the ball, so hopefully they bounce back.  Go Niners!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

This Niner team doesn't look like a team that's won 10-straight.  They had a 3rd/10 earlier and they run a draw play?  Then they squib it with 15 seconds on the clock, followed by a PF 15 yrd penalty.  You can't give up points like that in the playoffs.  We're starting the 2nd half and moving the ball, so hopefully they bounce back.  Go Niners!!!!!!!

Defense is not looking good at all.  Offense has been good.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

It’s awesome watching the two WR1s the Colts passed on in this draft…

2 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Tale of Two Halves!!!!  Pheeew.

I mean, how is anyone not in awe of what the 49ers are doing with their 3rd string QB.  

As a Bengals fan, I'm hoping the Niners don't get to the SB if the Bengals do.  Otherwise, it's hard to not appreciate what they are doing.

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

I mean, how is anyone not in awe of what the 49ers are doing with their 3rd string QB.  

As a Bengals fan, I'm hoping the Niners don't get to the SB if the Bengals do.  Otherwise, it's hard to not appreciate what they are doing.

It’s amazing but they played a laughable schedule.