2023 NFL Discussion

rico

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think there is 0 chance they let him go. He is on a rookie contract so he isn’t costing them anything. Even if Purdue is their man he is a cheap backup for him and excellent insurance policy. I wouldn’t give up much in picks but I’d send Buckner back for sure. 

What is it with you guys and Buckner? Odd to me. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What is it with you guys and Buckner? Odd to me. 

He fits SF and he is are only trade asset they would want. Maybe Gilmore. He is going to be due a huge contract after next year…and will be at that point where his play is likely to drop off. I would rather extract maximum value now for him because I think if you are going young/rookie qb then I think we are 3-4 years away. It’s a timing thing. Belichek does it all the time. Remember Richard Seymour.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, rico said:

OK...as the Giants march again.

All I was saying is both these teams defenses are mysteries to me…Minnesota has more weapons on offense….Giants better on defense….neither team I trust. Hard to say how it will go. A lot of big plays imo and I think will go back and forth.

41 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder when the trend to get QBs with legs will be the norm?  Or is it already here?

The difference to me is run because they are deficient at throwing or they run if nothing is there and make a play. Most younger qbs can scramble and make a play because they are young but Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jones all make plays from the pocket first and foremost…guys like Fields and Jackson are struggling to stay healthy and make enough plays from the pocket to sustain success.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

You telling me you count Troy Aikman as a Sooner?

Nope. I don’t think every transfer is the same. But a guy that was a multi year starter, graduated, and won a national title I do. Especially when he left on incredibly good terms.

I answered your question, now answer mine. Do you count Al Durham as a Hoosier? 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Nope. I don’t think every transfer is the same. But a guy that was a multi year starter, graduated, and won a national title I do. Especially when he left on incredibly good terms.

I answered your question, now answer mine. Do you count Al Durham as a Hoosier? 

Yes.  I count Al as a Hoosier.