2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Imagine if this had happened in Indy when Manning was here...he taught the fanbase well. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38483311/home-crowd-noise-hinders-vikings-final-offensive-playcall

They should have clocked it. They would have had 3 shots at the end zone instead of 1. Might still have lost who knows but it wouldn’t have been rushed like that. 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great game for the Colts. I doubt anyone is now complaining about the contract we have Gay. I was at my youngest granddaughters first birthday party so I wasn't watching the game as intently as I usually would but it looked like they ayed a very good game.

We did…kept them bottled up most of the game. I think we got fortunate in OT. Also I thought Tucker would nail that last kick of his.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Great game for the Colts. I doubt anyone is now complaining about the contract we have Gay. I was at my youngest granddaughters first birthday party so I wasn't watching the game as intently as I usually would but it looked like they ayed a very good game.

I officially retract my ridicule of Ballard’s Matt Gay acquisition. I have been very critical of his free agency moves, or lack there of, but this one was solid. 

• Like 3

The Bears team quit on the staff yesterday. I was fully prepared to give them the next 4-5 games to see where things stand but after yesterday it's obvious the players just aren't listening to the staff and I don't blame them.

Fields being sent back onto the field after likely suffering a concussion down 38? The D has talent but just doesn't even look like a unit right now. That all goes back to Eberflus.

I'm going to say this and I know it's a weird take but here it goes. If I'm the McCaskeys I let Eberflus go this week if not today. It's obvious he's not a head coach. I probably have to keep Getsy just because of continuity but he can hit the road too. After that I get on my knees and beg Lovie Smith to come in and serve as a band aid for the year if he'll do it. 

All players love Lovie. Maybe someway to bridge the gap that is severely broken right now. Otherwise....this team has given up on current staff.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The Bears team quit on the staff yesterday. I was fully prepared to give them the next 4-5 games to see where things stand but after yesterday it's obvious the players just aren't listening to the staff and I don't blame them.

Fields being sent back onto the field after likely suffering a concussion down 38? The D has talent but just doesn't even look like a unit right now. That all goes back to Eberflus.

I'm going to say this and I know it's a weird take but here it goes. If I'm the McCaskeys I let Eberflus go this week if not today. It's obvious he's not a head coach. I probably have to keep Getsy just because of continuity but he can hit the road too. After that I get on my knees and beg Lovie Smith to come in and serve as a band aid for the year if he'll do it. 

All players love Lovie. Maybe someway to bridge the gap that is severely broken right now. Otherwise....this team has given up on current staff.

As a Colts fan I was happy when the Bears hired Eberflus because I never liked him as our DC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Colts could have and maybe should have lost yesterday..  but the way it stands now, the Colts have played really good football.. other than 4Q against JAX and for sure could be 3-0. 

With all the moving parts, JT being a b****, rookie QB, new HC, etc.. I'm pretty pleased through 3 games.  

Downs, Brents look like difference makers. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The scary thing is the Broncos get beat by half a century yesterday and they are road favorites this week!

I have been a Bears fan longer than I have been an IU fan.

And this is just a bad bad football team. It's painful.

Three weeks into football season and I am already relegated to hoping the cubs hold on for a playoff spot and begging for IU basketball season to get revved up.

The Bears are sooooo bad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I agreed with you yesterday, but after thinking about it, I would let Eberflus and Getsy (and Poles) finish out the season, despite the obvious that Eberflus is clearly in over his head and nobody is buying into his "HITS" system. They are done for the year. I don't normally advocate for "tanking", but honestly, this team is such a disgrace and in such shambles right now, they don't have to tank to get the #1 overall pick.

I would try to trade Fields immediately. I doubt anyone would give up a second rounder for him at this point, but that would be my asking price. Would the Jets, Washington, or Atlanta bite? I think Atlanta might be the best system for him to play in of the three, but the Jets are perhaps desperate enough to try it. If you can only get a third round pick for him, you do it. He will never succeed with the Bears. I don't normally talk in absolutes, but I see the same look on him that Trubisky, Grossman, etc. had once their confidence was shattered. Trade Fields, see what Bagent can do. Most likely not much, but you got to find out. Peterman better never see the field.

I'm not sure if Kevin Warrren is just on board to navigate the new stadium deal, or if he is actually going to be making personal decisions, but if he is in charge, he needs to clean house after season and start from scratch. I am pessimistic that the McCaskeys will allow this to happen, but they need someone with an actual plan to rebuild this mess, and has the ability to evaluate talent. I'm not sure Poles is that guy...he claims he was going to build up the lines as a priority, yet here we are. I gave him benefit of the doubt until seeing the product on the field for 3 games this year, but now I am in the camp of he is in over his head.

• Like 1