2023 NFL Discussion

rico

41 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Flip side is, everyone will now get to see how good the Vikings are without him, or how good they aren’t.

Could end up like Dak’s broken ankle in 2020, showing how bad the Cowboys were without him, actually increasing Dak’s leverage in negotiations….

Agree with this.

I get that the team is "only" 4-4, but they could easily be at least 6-2 or better. Cousins is probably playing as well as he ever has and if he stayed healthy, they'd be one of the more dangerous NFC teams IMO once JJ gets back.

If their seasons falls apart now, have to think that results in Cousins getting the bag this offseason. 

23 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree with this.

I get that the team is "only" 4-4, but they could easily be at least 6-2 or better. Cousins is probably playing as well as he ever has and if he stayed healthy, they'd be one of the more dangerous NFC teams IMO once JJ gets back.

If their seasons falls apart now, have to think that results in Cousins getting the bag this offseason. 

As a Colts or Viking fan, you have to look for the silver lining: the Cowboys ended up with Parsons, and the Niners ended up with Bosa as a result of their QBs suffering season ending injuries. 

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Boom or bust?  Might as well take a swing at it, but there has to be a reason Washington is moving on here.

They don’t hang banners for division titles in San Fran…

What doesn’t make any sense is the Commanders traded Sweat also. Are they trying to tank now ?

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38791663/josh-mcdaniels-fired-las-vegas-raiders-bad-decisions-legacy-rebuild

OK after reading this, I raise my grade on Ballard from a C+ to a B.

Raiders have hired 2 GMs in a row that are way worse. 

Edit: just remembered Ballard hired McDaniels. Back down to a C+. 

Edited by Boiler Sam

2 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38791663/josh-mcdaniels-fired-las-vegas-raiders-bad-decisions-legacy-rebuild

OK after reading this, I raise my grade on Ballard from a C+ to a B.

Raiders have hired 2 GMs in a row that are way worse. 

I'm just laughing at the "we feel so bad for Davante" crowd... He CHOSE to go to that dumpster fire. Love DA btw, and he's a friggin stud.... HOF worthy career, almost, but that was a poor decision on his part. 

To contradict myself...  DA did grow up a Raider fan. In that sense, I can understand it. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm just laughing at the "we feel so bad for Davante" crowd... He CHOSE to go to that dumpster fire. Love DA btw, and he's a friggin stud.... HOF worthy career, almost, but that was a poor decision on his part. 

To contradict myself...  DA did grow up a Raider fan. In that sense, I can understand it. 

Seemed to me he mostly wanted to play with his college teammate Carr. 

Then Carr almost immediately got sent packing, which is why you don’t make big decisions like that based on wanting to play with 1 player, at least not in the NFL.

They have to trade him now, but they missed the trade deadline so now they will probably get less for him in the offseason. What a mess. 

12 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think the Colts may live to regret not drafting Will Levis

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He looks like the 3rd/4th best QB in the draft. 

Don't know how you could make any evaluations based on 2 games. Frankly, don't think you can rate any of the rookie quarterbacks on such a small sample size.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Don't know how you could make any evaluations based on 2 games. Frankly, don't think you can rate any of the rookie quarterbacks on such a small sample size.

Have you watched all 4 play? I just mentioned what it looked like to me. 

Levis is also 3 years older than AR.