2023 NFL Discussion

rico

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Arch Manning

That would seem right. AR will have three more years on his rookie contract. Manning will redshirt this year. If he plays three years the timing would be right. 
However, if the wheels completely fall off before then and they have a top three pick, they’ll take the best QB available at the time. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That would seem right. AR will have three more years on his rookie contract. Manning will redshirt this year. If he plays three years the timing would be right. 
However, if the wheels completely fall off before then and they have a top three pick, they’ll take the best QB available at the time. 

I wasn't being serious, hopefully Richardson is the QB for the next 10+ years

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wasn't being serious, hopefully Richardson is the QB for the next 10+ years

Hope so as well, however: He had a season ending injury to his right shoulder his senior year of HS. Despite playing sparingly at FL, he had a lingering hamstring issue 2021-22, had a concussion in 2021, had knee surgery for a meniscus tear in 2021. With the Colts, he’s had another concussion and season ending shoulder surgery. He’s rarely been healthy 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

WOW.  What a game last night.  Josh Allen is no CJ Stroud.  lol

This is just my lay persons view of things and it applies to so many QB's in the league. To protect Allen from running/taking hits they seem to have stunted his biggest asset (legs) besides his arm. There were 3-4x last night where in years past he takes off running and gets first.

Something remains off there. Can't put my finger on it besides just poor play.

PS...who had the Broncos getting beat by 50 and beating the Chiefs and Bills on their dance card?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:42 AM, Seeking6 said:

This is just my lay persons view of things and it applies to so many QB's in the league. To protect Allen from running/taking hits they seem to have stunted his biggest asset (legs) besides his arm. There were 3-4x last night where in years past he takes off running and gets first.

Something remains off there. Can't put my finger on it besides just poor play.

PS...who had the Broncos getting beat by 50 and beating the Chiefs and Bills on their dance card?

I think the Bills have finally figured out that his body is breaking down due to 5 years of abuse and they are trying to manage it, so he doesn’t turn into Cam or Luck. 

30 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I think the Bills have finally figured out that his body is breaking down due to 5 years of abuse and they are trying to manage it, so he doesn’t turn into Cam or Luck. 

Understand for sure so I guess in the name of preservation they've chosen losing. They still have road games vs Eagles, Chiefs, and Dolphins, Home game with Cowboys. I don't see the Bills making playoffs and it would be fair to say that window is closing given the competition across the AFC.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand for sure so I guess in the name of preservation they've chosen losing. They still have road games vs Eagles, Chiefs, and Dolphins, Home game with Cowboys. I don't see the Bills making playoffs and it would be fair to say that window is closing given the competition across the AFC.

I think their main problem is they don’t have any other playmakers on the roster besides Diggs and an aging Von Miller. 

• Like 1

Thought this would get the most eyes and it's somewhat NFL related. Even though Carson Wentz's time in Indy was short he continues to provide to people in need. Was able to help out with his Food Trucks (https://www.ao1foundation.org/thy-kingdom-crumb/) today in Indy at an East Side Church. Free meals from Noon-2pm. Pretty cool Wentz still does this.

As we head into the Holiday Season if you can donate or give back please do so. 

• Like 1