2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Mahomes is coming off really, really bad with his whining on what was absolutely the right call. 

Edit: yes, I get the irony with my whining about calls during the Eagles game 🤣

Yeah…I understand being frustrated about a loss, but replays show the WR was clearly offsides. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have had an issue if the defense was lined up in the neutral zone and they called it. The worst part is he seems to have double downed on his complaining after he saw replays of it. He is the beneficiary of many calls and he is coming off as a diva after this episode. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah…I understand being frustrated about a loss, but replays show the WR was clearly offsides. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have had an issue if the defense was lined up in the neutral zone and they called it. The worst part is he seems to have double downed on his complaining after he saw replays of it. He is the beneficiary of many calls and he is coming off as a diva after this episode. 

Mahomes and Andy Reid are both doubling down big time. 

10 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This is just me because I like Mahomes and KC. I've never heard them complain ever. I think he's entitled to the outburst (same with Reid) if it's common knowledge they would give you a warning. 

To me PM and AR have build up years of good credit. Guess I think they might be entitled to one outburst.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

And Parsons got held half a dozen times with no call. The bad officiating evened out. 

The Eagles lost that game because they're playing like crap right now, fumbled 3 times (twice in the red zone), and their defense sucks right now. 

But with that said, the officiating wasn't remotely close last night. Not hy a mile. The first half especially was a joke!

Lost more than a little respect for Mahomes and Reid based on their actions and comments after yesterday’s game. Mahomes came across as a whiny, entitled little boy. For Reid to say that it was an embarrassment to the league for the game to be decided how it was… and that he wasn’t given warning from the referee that Toney was offside. Actually, the embarrassment should be on a professional athlete who can’t line up correctly.

Man up and accept that you lost the game. Get better and you won’t find yourselves in the situation you were in. 
Pressure getting to KC and their reactions under adversity are telling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lost more than a little respect for Mahomes and Reid based on their actions and comments after yesterday’s game. Mahomes came across as a whiny, entitled little boy. For Reid to say that it was an embarrassment to the league for the game to be decided how it was… and that he wasn’t given warning from the referee that Toney was offside. Actually, the embarrassment should be on a professional athlete who can’t line up correctly.

Man up and accept that you lost the game. Get better and you won’t find yourselves in the situation you were in. 

Hey I have an idea Andy: maybe don’t have a total knucklehead in the game in a critical situation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mahomes has never played a road playoff game.  

File this one under the it's better to wait to hear the facts before finding someone guilty. Kid has his personal and professional life turned upside down because of this. He can sue her attorney but has agreed to dismiss the lawsuit against the lady. 

Hoping he gets a second chance at NFL. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

File this one under the it's better to wait to hear the facts before finding someone guilty. Kid has his personal and professional life turned upside down because of this. He can sue her attorney but has agreed to dismiss the lawsuit against the lady. 

Hoping he gets a second chance at NFL. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors-former-bills-punter-matt-araiza-wasnt-present-during-alleged-gang-rape-225211550.html

Newer piece on the civil suit being dropped:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-12-12/woman-agrees-to-drop-former-sdsu-punter-matt-araiza-from-lawsuit-alleging-rape

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/al-michaels-wont-be-calling-a-playoff-game-for-nbc/ar-AA1losAO

Didn't know it was even an option, but apparently Al Michaels is out of the picture for calling any playoff games on NBC.

We all get old.  We all are at risk of being told we're not needed/wanted any longer.  

It was apparent during a couple broadcasts this year that he's slipped a bit, but he is 79

• Like 1