2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Two years ago this happened as well with the Colts playing the Jags and IU was playing a non conference game vs a mid major. I ended up watching the IU game and turning it to the Colts during the timeouts. We all know how the Colts game turned out and they didn't make the playoffs 

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Time is definitely a bummer. That's a really important IU game, hope it doesn't impact home court advantage too much.

Why would it? People who planned on going to the basketball game already have their tickets and it’s unlikely they would not go after making that expenditure. It’s not like there are a lot of wall-up ticket sales 

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why would it? People who planned on going to the basketball game already have their tickets and it’s unlikely they would not go after making that expenditure. It’s not like there are a lot of wall-up ticket sales 

I would imagine there's a good overlap of people that have season tickets to both at a minimum, and another group that has Colts season tickets but bought tickets for this game. I would think most of those folks would choose the Colts game. 

56 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Far more IU fans in this state vs Colts fans. If I were guessing (or not) IU still drives the needle far more than the Colts. 

Our house or the get together will have multiple screens going. When Texans have ball it's all IU. Of course if IU wants to do us a solid is blow Ohio St out early. Haha.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Far more IU fans in this state vs Colts fans. If I were guessing (or not) IU still drives the needle far more than the Colts. 

Our house or the get together will have multiple screens going. When Texans have ball it's all IU. Of course if IU wants to do us a solid is blow Ohio St out early. Haha.

You think there are more IU fans than Colts fans?

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt, I like both but IU basketball is always first for me.

I’m not questioning who is “first” for folks. But I would imagine the Colts have a bigger share of the football fans on this state than IU does college basketball fans.

We don’t have another NFL team in the state, there’s a lot of other D1 basketball teams. 

Edited by KoB2011

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m not questioning who is “first” for folks. But I would imagine the Colts have a bigger share of the football fans on this state than IU does college basketball fans.

We don’t have another NFL team in the state, there’s a lot of other D1 basketball teams. 

The Colts are relatively new to the state. I would say up here in the north there are as many Bear fans as Colts. Back in the day, the Bears were the primary televised game each week 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The thing is that for us older fans who were alive before the Colts got here they were fans of other teams. I know there is a lot of Bears fans around here and Bengals as well. I think those fans probably didn't switch teams once the Colts got here. I was a Cowboys fan but I did change to the Colts got here 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Colts are relatively new to the state. I would say up here in the north there are as many Bear fans as Colts. Back in the day, the Bears were the primary televised game each week 

Sure was 

CBS showed the NFC and here in Indy we got the Bears game.

NBC had the AFC and mainly got Bengals.

Just now, IU Scott said:

The thing is that for us older fans who were alive before the Colts got here they were fans of other teams. I know there is a lot of Bears fans around here and Bengals as well. I think those fans probably didn't switch teams once the Colts got here. I was a Cowboys fan but I did change to the Colts got here 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I get what you guys are saying, but don’t you think most people going to the Colts game or the IU game are close enough to Indy that it’s a heavy bias towards Colts fans?

Regardless, it’s a de facto playoff game at the same time as the IU game. It stands to reason there is an overlap of season ticket holders that would likely pick the Colts game.

I hope both have great turn outs and home field advantages, and both win in convincing fashion.