2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Two decisions to look back on.

Tied at 14 and we try the 57 yard FG and missed it. Houston only needed 1 first down to get into FG range and hit a 51 yarder.

We ran Taylor 3 straight times to get a 4th and 1 and take him out. A bad throw on 4th down to Goodson was the game. Should have just ran the ball. Also calling the timeout before the 4th down was costly as well.

1 hour ago, ephul said:

The Baker guys tackle attempt on that drive was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. And I'm not sure where #48 was looking at the pass that he ended up horsecollaring. 

This roster needs so much work. Corner, WR, Edge, OT.

Really a mess for a GM going into year 8. 

• Haha 1

Wonder if Pittman was still feeling effects from the concussion a couple weeks ago….he really disappeared today. Not sure what the solution is…will be too far back to take one of the elite wr. I like Downs…Pierce looks like a one trick pony. Would love to have a stud on the outside opposite Pittman and let Downs play in the slot. 

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wonder if Pittman was still feeling effects from the concussion a couple weeks ago….he really disappeared today. Not sure what the solution is…will be too far back to take one of the elite wr. I like Downs…Pierce looks like a one trick pony. Would love to have a stud on the outside opposite Pittman and let Downs play in the slot. 

I'll take AR healthy and go from there. We are 10+ wins if he's our starter all year. 

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He also had that one hit late in the game too

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Complaining about the play call there is weak. 

When you need 1 yard and you have two backs averaging 6 yards per carry, one with 188 yards rushing, but you choose to throw to a guy with 6 receptions all year, I think it’s fair to question the play.  It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl.

Scott, can we now agree that Minshew does not throw an accurate ball?

Edited by Muddy River

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't be upset if we got a new GM and D coordinator for next year.

Ballard isn’t terrible, he’s just the definition of mediocre:

.500 record, no division titles in 7 years, ONE playoff win in 7 years…

Had a chance to move up in the draft for a generational quarterback and instead he sat on his hands and our division rivals got him and we get to play against him 30+ times…

I would give him one more year to win a division, win a 2nd playoff game, and address the glaring holes at the most important positions on a football team. 

8 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Ballard isn’t terrible, he’s just the definition of mediocre:

.500 record, no division titles in 7 years, ONE playoff win in 7 years…

Had a chance to move up in the draft for a generational quarterback and instead he sat on his hands and our division rivals got him and we get to play against him 30+ times…

I would give him one more year to win a division, win a 2nd playoff game, and address the glaring holes at the most important positions on a football team. 

I know he isn't going anywhere but thought it would have been good to cut bait after lady year. Bring in a new coach and GM at the he same time 

Gutted for the Colts and fans. Zero issue with play call. My only issue is not having JT in the game even to act as a deterrent somehow.

We've talked on here all year about this. Colts on 3rd or 4th and short have to lead  the league in passing out of those situations. This one just didn't get executed.

Arrow pointing up though for the franchise. Add another WR or two. Healthy AR next year and will be good to see this franchise back in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs. Reminder about next weekend Saturday night game. It's only on Peacock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

When you need 1 yard and you have two backs averaging 6 yards per carry, one with 188 yards rushing, but you choose to throw to a guy with 6 receptions all year, I think it’s fair to question the play.  It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl.

Scott, can we now agree that Minshew does not throw an accurate ball?

That doesn't really make sense to me. But sure.  

That play is on Goodson. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

you don’t think that this roster has a lot of holes, at the most important positions, for a GM going into year 8? 

Not even close.

But you also told me Rainham wasn't the answer at LT, so everything you say I take with a MASSIVE grain of salt. You come here the sole purpose of bitching about Ballard, which is fine, to each their own, but I don't subscribe and it's easy to spot. 

You're crazy wrong about T, DE. Braden Smiths health is not Chris Ballard's fault, but I would either restructure Smiths contract or I would look into cutting him. A healthy Smith+Raimann is a Top 6-7 duo in the league.. the #s back that up.  

DE- I'm not even sure where to start with how silly that is you have an issue with that position group. 

Corner was problem all year. Jones, Brents being year 2 next year, get healthy Flowers back, and I hope we draft a corner round 1. Brents essentially got no practice time all year with his injuries. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That doesn't really make sense to me. But sure.  

That play is on Goodson. 

Not sure what doesn’t make sense.  I’m sure Shane is second guessing this morning.  Hell, he basically said as much last night.  And Minshew has been inaccurate his whole career, he also said last night that he should’ve thrown a better ball there.  He spun Goodson around as opposed to hitting him in stride, do you not see it that way?  Troy Aikman said as much as well.