Big Ten 2020

47 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Very good to know!  He can be big for us in time.  

I have a feeling that Caleb Murphy will be good too when he’s ready.  

I think so too. He is going to be an inside guy though. He has tremendous length... very well spoken individual, good kid. I spoke with him for probably 20 minutes last year at camp. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

If it ends up being anything less than a B1G Title game for IU , I would love to see IU get 2 Purdue games back to back. Would the Bucket only be on the line in the first one if we ended up seeing them in the extra East/West standings determined game? Lol 

I think they are not going to have a rematch in that 9th game.

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Correct. There is NOTHING I dislike more than PSU football... and that includes ND football, UK basketball, Russia, etc. 

PSU football is scum to me.. no one will convince me otherwise. 

Even worse than Michigan St...well everything? Kinda exhibit 1 and 1a if you ask me...followed closely by UK and KU basketball. Any programs deserving death penalty it would be those imo.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think they are not going to have a rematch in that 9th game.

Apologies Scott, I'm a bit slow today, .Do you mean that - as in - you think the teams won't finish directly across from each other ?  - or that the B1G won't let them play a rematch? 

Think if they allow that I respectfully disagree and do think they will meet twice.

Our schedule is just brutal enough and PUke will be improved just enough thanks in part to theirs.  If you meant it in the context of opinion, I do HOPE you are right FYi lol .  :)

Got Purdue as my choice for most improved B1G team this year. At least one among IU's primary 3 skill guys on offense(Penix,Whop,Scott)  make their respective Maxell Award nominations more than a projection and make a serious run at being a finalist.  Most improved B1G player seems like it would go hand in hand with any of them living up to that. 

36 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Apologies Scott, I'm a bit slow today, .Do you mean that - as in - you think the teams won't finish directly across from each other ?  - or that the B1G won't let them play a rematch? 

Think if they allow that I respectfully disagree and do think they will meet twice.

Our schedule is just brutal enough and PUke will be improved just enough thanks in part to theirs.  If you meant it in the context of opinion, I do HOPE you are right FYi lol .  :)

Got Purdue as my choice for most improved B1G team this year. At least one among IU's primary 3 skill guys on offense(Penix,Whop,Scott)  make their respective Maxell Award nominations more than a projection and make a serious run at being a finalist.  Most improved B1G player seems like it would go hand in hand with any of them living up to that. 

What I read is that if the team you finsih the same spot and had already played them then you would not play them again .

2 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

If it ends up being anything less than a B1G Title game for IU , I would love to see IU get 2 Purdue games back to back. Would the Bucket only be on the line in the first one if we ended up seeing them in the extra East/West standings determined game? Lol 

The league has stated they do not want “repeat games”.

That will include the Big Ten Championship Game between the first-place teams in the East and West divisions along with additional matchups from the other 12 Big Ten teams, ideally based on division finish but with an aim not to repeat regular-season games.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Even worse than Michigan St...well everything? Kinda exhibit 1 and 1a if you ask me...followed closely by UK and KU basketball. Any programs deserving death penalty it would be those imo.

Mich St is across the board.  Penn St was literally the football team facilitating it. 

I get what you're saying. I root for Purdue and OSU against those schools and always will. 

2 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I would not like that at all. 

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What I read is that if the team you finsih the same spot and had already played them then you would not play them again .

Thanks for clarifying the context for me.  Now I get why only some West teams were mentioned near where I came back in reading this thread. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would not like that at all. 

Are you saying …..that you would love it two weeks later in Indy instead?  Lol   ;) 

Wishful thinking and humor aside , I was mainly coming from a place of wanting to care about the crossover game in hoping for Purdue twice while I was still under the impression it might be possible for that following weekend.   

If you're seeing it as too  high of a risk vs too low of a reward in them playing twice I can still relate to that. I don't feel like it would dimi8nish the value of it but that's just me.  Are either of those why you do not? Just curious. Doesn't seem realistic for me to think there will be 2 meetings period now- knowing it requires that most unlikely scenario of all.

I want the best game possible serving as a reflection of a good overall showing out of them, and at the end of the day just any additional games. Would still suck a little to see them directly across from Purdue and have to play down a notch in the name of avoiding a repeat meeting though.

After the start stop start Ill take any additional Football involving IU and the B1G. 

6 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Are you saying …..that you would love it two weeks later in Indy instead?  Lol   ;) 

Wishful thinking and humor aside , I was mainly coming from a place of wanting to care about the crossover game in hoping for Purdue twice while I was still under the impression it might be possible for that following weekend.   

If you're seeing it as too  high of a risk vs too low of a reward in them playing twice I can still relate to that. I don't feel like it would dimi8nish the value of it but that's just me.  Are either of those why you do not? Just curious. Doesn't seem realistic for me to think there will be 2 meetings period now- knowing it requires that most unlikely scenario of all.

I want the best game possible serving as a reflection of a good overall showing out of them, and at the end of the day just any additional games. Would still suck a little to see them directly across from Purdue and have to play down a notch in the name of avoiding a repeat meeting though.

After the start stop start Ill take any additional Football involving IU and the B1G. 

I want to finish 3rd and play Minnesota or Iowa. 

“I’ve got a good football team with a great football coach, that deserves a break here or there to start getting back on track to being a contender in the Big Ten West,” Moos said.  

^^^^^^^ I was floored when I read this statement from the Nebraska A.D.!!!!! Who does this guy think he is? That infuriates me!!!!

Don't most, if not all, A.D.'s think the same about their program? Sure, deep down, we all like lucky breaks here and there, but when he says,...."We deserve this or that", that's because he thinks Nebraska is entitled because of there past history".

Nebraska used to be good in the BIG 12 when they had Frank Solich and Bo Pelini as coaches. At the end of the day if your best wasn't good enough, get better and earn it. 

IU is football team that is finally earning respect through hard work and dedication.

Rondale Moore opting back in for 2020. I have no clue who they have coming back otherwise but just took a look at their schedule. Moore gives them a much better chance to go 4-4. Without him I was thinking it was a struggle to get there. They have losses vs Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, us.....him coming back should help solidify wins vs Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Nebraska. 

Archived