Roy & other’s about cheating

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Roy.  Investigated seven times.  Why is that ? 

Hundreds, if not thousands of coaches who have never been investigated even once.  And Roy admits to being investigated seven times ?   SMH. 

By the way. Thanks for the contribution, Hoosrnight. 

I was thinking the same thing about the 7 investigations. Thanks Mike, I’ll try to contribute any time I can. 

Lol. Only Roy Williams would spin his investigations to be some sob story against his legacy/character. Gee Roy, why did your investigation take 4 whole years? Could it be because you threw more legal resources at the problem than perhaps the combined sum of several programs' entire history? It's such a shame you had to walk the streets and wonder if people thought you were dirty. If only you could have been exonerated sooner.

But at least Roy knows he can't actually sit on this committee, Cal is the one sleazy enough to not care. It's absolutely unfathomable how these coaches get to pretend they're on the side of justice and fair play in front of the cameras because they know no wrath will ever actually come their way. The lack of ANYTHING happening beyond the 48 hours of the FBI announcements pretty much proves that to me.

The only quote to take out of this is from Izzo, a person I do happen to respect a great deal:

"Are we going to be honest with ourselves? Are we going to BS each other?" Izzo said of the NABC committee. "Because the neat part about it is, if there's 20 people in the room, most of us know what's going on with everybody. Most of us. Are we going to open up, or are we going to be afraid to be honest? Do we care about the game, or do we care about ourselves? Can we come up with some things that are not the best for one team, one program, one shoe company? We always talk about what's doing what's best for the kids. If the kid's getting a benefit, it's best for him now, but is it best for him in the long run? What are you teaching him? What is he learning? I hope we're honest with each other and truly go in trying to do what's best for the game of basketball." 

If someone on this 15 man committee is already questioning the level of transparency and brutal honesty needed to weed out the problems of college basketball, we really are lost. This is nothing but a farce and image repair for the D1 NCAA coach, and I'm tired of trying to be told otherwise. Money rules college basketball and you do what you have to do to make sure the money keeps coming. This is the NCAA reality we live in, and I can't help but wonder if we spend the rest of our lives trying to force this same manufactured image instead of ever really addressing the problem.

1 hour ago, Bushmage said:

Lol. Only Roy Williams would spin his investigations to be some sob story against his legacy/character. Gee Roy, why did your investigation take 4 whole years? Could it be because you threw more legal resources at the problem than perhaps the combined sum of several programs' entire history? It's such a shame you had to walk the streets and wonder if people thought you were dirty. If only you could have been exonerated sooner.

But at least Roy knows he can't actually sit on this committee, Cal is the one sleazy enough to not care. It's absolutely unfathomable how these coaches get to pretend they're on the side of justice and fair play in front of the cameras because they know no wrath will ever actually come their way. The lack of ANYTHING happening beyond the 48 hours of the FBI announcements pretty much proves that to me.

The only quote to take out of this is from Izzo, a person I do happen to respect a great deal:

If someone on this 15 man committee is already questioning the level of transparency and brutal honesty needed to weed out the problems of college basketball, we really are lost. This is nothing but a farce and image repair for the D1 NCAA coach, and I'm tired of trying to be told otherwise. Money rules college basketball and you do what you have to do to make sure the money keeps coming. This is the NCAA reality we live in, and I can't help but wonder if we spend the rest of our lives trying to force this same manufactured image instead of ever really addressing the problem.

I did like the Izzo quote. I do like and respect him. With all the dirty guys like Cal, Roy, and Rick, Tom is one I can get behind. One thing I will say about Cal, at least he’s not all holier than thou, like Roy is! 

19 hours ago, Hoosrnight said:

I did like the Izzo quote. I do like and respect him. With all the dirty guys like Cal, Roy, and Rick, Tom is one I can get behind. One thing I will say about Cal, at least he’s not all holier than thou, like Roy is! 

My biggest thing with Cal is that I think he only meets us halfway with his transparency. He does admit the atmosphere of college basketball is toxic and putting kids meant for the pros in college is ultimately not good, but I (along with probably all of this board) don't believe for a second he's just the only guy to ever figure out how to consistently land top national talent without being as dirty as the worst of them.

He tows the party line just like anyone else and would kill off any real exposing threat to the NCAA if he could, but I guess I can appreciate that slight acknowledgement of the environment that Roy and Rick never give as well.

Archived