National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think when they have the rematch we can make a friendly wager with that 21 pt spread. ND left 11 points out there with their own mistakes.  Should never have even gone to OT.

Gladly. 

Don't overlook at BC at North Carolina though. I was really hoping my Canes had another crack at Clemson later this year but with ND win that doesn't seem likely now. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You have to be pretty pleased with the Canes do far 

I am. Amazing when you have a QB and OC on same page with a head coach who doesn't mind getting out of the way for the benefit of the program when it comes to play calling. That was Richt's downfall. His son was the play caller and it got to a point of embarrassment even after a few national beatdowns including your Irish.

Still 1-2 recruiting classes away from Clemson or elite SEC level but Manny has things trending up. In a lot of ways IU hoops and Canes football (both which are Seeking6) have plenty in common. Proud and demanding fanbase but will call something crap if it's crap. 

I'm praying we've hit on the perfect combo with Archie and Manny. My falls and winters would be collectively so much easier. Haha!

2 hours ago, IUguy said:

Does anyone else feel like me that ND was very lucky to win this game?  Let's face it, Clemson was without their #1 QB, who is maybe the best in the land, and their new guy, playing only his second game, passed for about 430 yards against ND.  Then they got a gift touchdown early when Etienne just gave up the ball.  Finally, and probably most importantly, Clemson was missing about 5 starters from its defense, many due to Covid restrictions.  Several of those were in the secondary, where ND did the most damage.  And to make matters worse, they had several defensive players cramp up late in the game.  

I'm not saying that ND is not a good team.  They are.  But there is no way they beat a complete, healthy, Clemson team.  I hope they play again.

That all being said, why is Alabama #1 now instead of Notre Dame?

Notre Dame is ranked too high already, being the 2nd best team in Indiana and all 😁

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know there are plenty of Domer fans on here so I'll be respectful. With that said. If TL plays Clemson wins by 21....but they didn't and that's the beauty of college football some years. I think mine and probably others is that it benefitted Mr. 9 win Brian. 

I find it somewhat funny when people play the subjectivity card. Did you do the same thing back in 2015 when ND played them at Clemson without 8 starters including their starting quarterback, and then lost the game on the failed 2 point attempt at the end of the game? ND’s O-line is no joke, so Clemson missing two of their starters on defense may or may not mean much. If I’m Clemson, I’m more worried about ND’s stout defensive line and holding them to 34 yards rushing on 33 attempts. If ND and Clemson both hold up their respective end in the remaining games, then the ACC championship should be a fun one. For me though, it’s just fun having both Indiana and ND in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Never been a ND fan and don't really care if they win or lose because I am an IU fan.  Maybe it is where I am from and when I grew up but I just don't like the turn jacket reputation IU fans have.

Which is fine. I’ve been an IU fan all the way back to Isaiah Thomas’s freshman year when i was 11. IU football wasn’t very popular around south bend at that time, so of course ND was always on TV. I started my collegiate career at IU and love the school. I also have a daughter and son that are IU grads, and my daughter and another son both have their MBA’s from Notre Dame. The term reversible jacket really makes no sense unless their is some sort of envy or hate or both. Which is a you problem , and i say that without any personal animosity because in the grand scheme of things, what i think, and what you think, means absolutely nothing.  So for me it will always be GoIRiSh/Hoosiers.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where the LSU/Alabama is in jeporady because LSU has many players testing positive

And that’s odd considering the Cajun came out on 60 minutes and said that over 75% of his team has already contracted the virus from March and through the summer fall workouts.

3 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

Which is fine. I’ve been an IU fan all the way back to Isaiah Thomas’s freshman year when i was 11. IU football wasn’t very popular around south bend at that time, so of course ND was always on TV. I started my collegiate career at IU and love the school. I also have a daughter and son that are IU grads, and my daughter and another son both have their MBA’s from Notre Dame. The term reversible jacket really makes no sense unless their is some sort of envy or hate or both. Which is a you problem , and i say that without any personal animosity because in the grand scheme of things, what i think, and what you think, means absolutely nothing.  So for me it will always be GoIRiSh/Hoosiers.

It just means that it appears people back then was fans of winners and not just the program.  To me it means that if you are a fan of IU basketball then you should be fans of all of their sports.  Can be said the same about ND if you are a fan of their football team then why are you not a fan of all of their other sports.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It just means that it appears people back then was fans of winners and not just the program.  To me it means that if you are a fan of IU basketball then you should be fans of all of their sports.  Can be said the same about ND if you are a fan of their football team then why are you not a fan of all of their other sports.

I don’t have experience in that dynamic, and that’s because i equally support both schools programs. IU football has always been on all the way back to the mid 80’s. I watch the IU girls just as much as the Irish girls. You’d have to do a survey to find out how others think.  I mean, i support ND’s hockey team, but i have a hard time watching it on TV, and as a matte4 of fact, I’d rather watch IU’s swim meets over a hockey match, so i just think it has to do with the 3 main sports that dominate our minds that has a little to do with it for me.

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

I don’t have experience in that dynamic, and that’s because i equally support both schools programs. IU football has always been on all the way back to the mid 80’s. I watch the IU girls just as much as the Irish girls. You’d have to do a survey to find out how others think.  I mean, i support ND’s hockey team, but i have a hard time watching it on TV, and as a matte4 of fact, I’d rather watch IU’s swim meets over a hockey match, so i just think it has to do with the 3 main sports that dominate our minds that has a little to do with it for me.

I guess I am just the kind of fan who can only root for one team or program

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Never been a ND fan and don't really care if they win or lose because I am an IU fan.  Maybe it is where I am from and when I grew up but I just don't like the turn jacket reputation IU fans have.

Not debating this one been down that road to each their own and I proudly wear my reversible jacket. 33 years for IU and 32 for ND without championship we are overdue.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I am an IU guy through and through...but I got ties to ND, Tennessee, and Butler.  And lots of ties  to Purdue.

That is not allowed true fans only root for 1 team. The member who used to drive me crazy about the reversible jacket I think posts under a new name or left. We all have reasons why we support who we do. 

I coached John Standerford and rooted like heck for him to win except when he played IU. 

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That is not allowed true fans only root for 1 team. The member who used to drive me crazy about the reversible jacket I think posts under a new name or left. We all have reasons why we support who we do. 

I coached John Standerford and rooted like heck for him to win except when he played IU. 

I live pretty close to South Bend.  In amongst the diehard Irish fans, they never say a bad thing about IU.  Now Purdue, is a different story.

Archived