Derek Elston Interview

9 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

He gave some good inside looks on a few topics in an interview with Kent Sterling, and Kent was nice enough to let me share it.  Definitely worth a listen.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/watch-former-iu-basketball-player-staffer-derek-elston-gives-revealing-interview-with-kent-sterling/

Really good listen and points. Plenty of teaching moments too. I've always thought this....IU isn't for everyone. Some kids and families can take the "stuff" that comes with a large and passionate fan base some can't.. If you can't....head elsewhere. I don't mean that to sound poorly but fan criticism isn't EVER going away so teach the kids early on. I'd actually turn it into a positive spin for recruits. We aren't for everyone. If you can't handle this....head to any other school in the area. Make them want to be the type of players who can handle the mental stuff too. 

Funny stuff. Derek's Mom having a Peegs account. We all know they do but funny to hear him say that.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Really good listen and points. Plenty of teaching moments too. I've always thought this....IU isn't for everyone. Some kids and families can take the "stuff" that comes with a large and passionate fan base some can't.. If you can't....head elsewhere. I don't mean that to sound poorly but fan criticism isn't EVER going away so teach the kids early on. I'd actually turn it into a positive spin for recruits. We aren't for everyone. If you can't handle this....head to any other school in the area. Make them want to be the type of players who can handle the mental stuff too. 

Funny stuff. Derek's Mom having a Peegs account. We all know they do but funny to hear him say that.

Did you watch the show on BTN ab out the Wat Shot.  Christian said his first two years he thought about transferring and his mother was pretty upset with the fans reactions after games.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you watch the show on BTN ab out the Wat Shot.  Christian said his first two years he thought about transferring and his mother was pretty upset with the fans reactions after games.

Nope. Didn't see it. I did sit next to Damon in H105 Discussion class his sophomore year (my freshman year) when he was wearing a UK hat all over campus. Kids are kids. Of course they might want to try for the greener pastures. The tough one's stick it out and are thankful they did. It's called growing up. Some parents have to do it as well. 

Archived