For fun. Only because of their last names

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Creek before the injuries

Gonna have to agree with you there.  But to augment. Because of the injuries.The memory of Creek's major injury still lives in my memory bank. I can still hear his screams.

Another Year, Another Injury for IU's Maurice Creek 

Interesting that both were transfers.  Creek out after his injuries.  And Rivers in from Georgetown.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Gonna have to agree with you there.  But to augment. Because of the injuries.The memory of Creek's major injury still lives in my memory bank. I can still hear his screams.

Another Year, Another Injury for IU's Maurice Creek 

Interesting that both were transfers.  Creek out after his injuries.  And Rivers in from Georgetown.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I took our boys freshman team to that game courtside under the basket where the injury occurred and when several players trainer and coaches were tending to Mo I look over and 1 of our knucklehead players is right out on the court with them and no one said a word until I ripped his butt 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Creek.  I was there the night he had his horrific injury. It was the first IU game I took my then fiancé now wife to. I have never heard Assembly Hall so quiet.  I remember talking to my dad on the phone who was watching from home but only in a whisper about how bad it looked. 

Two devastating injuries over the years stand out in my mind. As said. Mo's.  An then Theisman's broken leg with the bone sticking out.

Joe Thiesmann recounts infamous NFL play that broke his leg at RFK Stadium in 1985 

Paul George recovered quite well but injury was gruesome. 

Livingston of the Clippers at the time of injury is one of the worst I've seen.  while he had a nice career as a 20 mpg player and got some rings on the Warriors, he probably would had a HOF career had that injury not happened. Sorry to get off the Rivers-Creek track. 

Archived