the Old Stolen Bucket

snowling

The thread title had me concerned.

Thanks for the link, Steve. Enjoyed reading it.

In term of protecting a rivalry trophy.  The Commanders in Chief trophy is on display under lock and key and cameras when the Air Force has it.  Been there and seen it. No idea what Army or Navy do to protect it, when they have it.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

The thread title had me concerned.

Thanks for the link, Steve. Enjoyed reading it.

In term of protecting a rivalry trophy.  The Commanders in Chief trophy is on display under lock and key and cameras when the Air Force has it.  Been there and seen it. No idea what Army or Navy do to protect it, when they have it.

There is nothing quite like the Army Navy game. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is nothing quite like the Army Navy game. 

And for me. There is nothing like attending an Air Force game against either Army or Navy. In Colorado Springs.  AF cadets jumping from helicopters so high that you can't see them jump at first. Just an announcement that they have jumped.   And the honor of one cadet who jumped carries the game ball, and hands it over to the head official, after he lands on the field. And the... the fly overs.... unbelievable.  Respectful cadets from either academy. Standing in line... for a hot dog...and given a chance to go to the head of the line... with a respectful.... "You first, sir."

Air Force's football stadium has Air Force painted on the seats on the West side of the stadium.  There was one year.... a prank.  Can't recall if it was the Army or the Navy.  But  overnight ,they changed to words Air Force to Air Farce.  LOL

Archived