Off Topic. Off The Books. Off The Record.

milehiiu

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Boilers look for first win against Butler since 1998

Two instate thorns in our side.

Who you goin' with HSN 3.0 ?

Sorry Boiler. I see a Boiler win.... however, I will be pulling for the Bulldogs.

This, is what makes this time of year so much fun, IMHO.

Agree this is a fun time of year.  I'll be with Boiler pulling for PU.  I graduated from both IU and PU.  Guess I'm schizophrenic.

That Butler team has looked pretty disciplined and balanced in the games I've watched them this year, but they lack a scary individual perimeter scorer I've seen in years past out of them. Purdue has been pretty balanced on both ends and rolling with a veteran line up that knows how to win. And I expect them to win, but I expect this one looks to be a grinder with Butler pushing them down the stretch for the upset. Like Miles, I too will be pulling for the Bulldogs, but quite honestly I would be happy if they played to a tie and every player fouled out.  Neither team winning brings me much joy! 

1 hour ago, FWIUFan said:

Agree this is a fun time of year.  I'll be with Boiler pulling for PU.  I graduated from both IU and PU.  Guess I'm schizophrenic.

So. Seeing as you are schizophrenic. And are from Fort Wayne (I presume).

I have a question to ask....

Powers Hamburgers.... or Coney Island Dogs ?  

I'm from Angola.....Franke Park was a go to spot as a kid for entertainment.

On side note, when I was at IU in the early 90's. my cousin married an member of the Franke family, and my extended family had inside access to the park during every season, which was awesome for them (though rarely got to take advantage since I was a college boy at the time). And then years later, they got divorced....privileges revoked. Doh! 

Good story, eh?O.o

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

So. Seeing as you are schizophrenic. And are from Fort Wayne (I presume).

I have a question to ask....

Powers Hamburgers.... or Coney Island Dogs ?  

Mile,

You are quite perspicacious!  I am in Fort Wayne.  North Side grad.  Will be at game tomorrow.  Coney Island Hot Dogs rule for me!  Where else are you going to get a dog grilled on a 100 yr old grill?

4 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Mile,

You are quite perspicacious!  I am in Fort Wayne.  North Side grad.  Will be at game tomorrow.  Coney Island Hot Dogs rule for me!  Where else are you going to get a dog grilled on a 100 yr old grill?

Well.  Even at my age, I must admit that I had to look up the meaning of perspicacious.  Although I watch Jeopardy, daily, and get most of  the answers correctly and getting the final Jeopardy answer correctly, makes my day. I have to admit... you had me stumped.  However, I thank you for that.  Never let a day go by, where you don't learn something new. 

Good to learn your preference. Again.... if given a choice of just one of Fort Wayne's iconic places, I would be hard pressed to choose just one.  All I know is that a very good friend from Fort Wayne says never to eat a Powers Burger in your car.   Or the smell will be there for days.  LOL.  Good advice by him.... and by you as well.

Hey.... take care.  Be safe.  Enjoy the game.... wish I could join ya. 

Archived