IU basketball media day 2020

I'm not even sure where to put this one because I couldn't find a IU only 20/21 thread.....but this Jordan Geronimo kid is the one I'm putting my chips in on early. Love the in state kids without a doubt. Outside in and all that but I think by this time next year Jordan is going to be a freak on the court. 7'1 wingspan with that vertical? He's a more advanced Victor my a wide margin at his stage in life. Kid like that with guys like Trey, Leal....and pepper in the others? Very good times ahead.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not even sure where to put this one because I couldn't find a IU only 20/21 thread.....but this Jordan Geronimo kid is the one I'm putting my chips in on early. Love the in state kids without a doubt. Outside in and all that but I think by this time next year Jordan is going to be a freak on the court. 7'1 wingspan with that vertical? He's a more advanced Victor my a wide margin at his stage in life. Kid like that with guys like Trey, Leal....and pepper in the others? Very good times ahead.

I’ve said this elsewhere but a friend who gave me the heads up on Vic when he was at DeMatha — who watched him then — after watching Geronimo hit me up to say he is better, farther along,  than Vic was at the same age. That is seriously high praise from a guy who watched both and saw Vic’s promise early.
Vic of course had a monster jump in skill while at IU, won’t know if Geronimo will make the same kind of jump, bit he is coming in more game ready than Vic and has the athleticism and intangibles, and like Vic, he’s a defense first player.

Most comfortable being interviewed: Al and Geronimo.

Most candid - Jerome. Telling comments, CAM didn’t trust him his frosh year and he was learning how to play at that level, speed of the game etc. He’s comfortable now and ready to show.

Telling comments from a teammate - Geronimo is a freak of nature, so athletic. 

Fun year coming 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Most comfortable being interviewed: Al and Geronimo.

Most candid - Jerome. Telling comments, CAM didn’t trust him his frosh year and he was learning how to play at that level, speed of the game etc. He’s comfortable now and ready to show.

Telling comments from a teammate - Jerome is a freak of nature, so athletic. 

Fun year coming 

I thought Arman was really comfortable in the interview as well

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’ve said this elsewhere but a friend who gave me the heads up on Vic when he was at DeMatha — who watched him then — after watching Geronimo hit me up to say he is better, farther along,  than Vic was at the same age. That is seriously high praise from a guy who watched both and saw Vic’s promise early.
Vic of course had a monster jump in skill while at IU, won’t know if Geronimo will make the same kind of jump, bit he is coming in more game ready than Vic and has the athleticism and intangibles, and like Vic, he’s a defense first player.

Thanks for the feedback and first hand knowledge from your friend. Like I said love all of these players but on paper to me Geronimo has a very high ceiling and maybe the highest of all the incoming kids including Lander. 

Archived