Practice vs Game shooting

Feathery

Curious to see if anyone knows which facility the team mainly practices in?

It seems like the videos are mostly from Cook Hall. I remember Crean not really using the new practice facility for daily team practice. He wanted the team to practice in Assembly Hall to be used to the sight lines and have the ultimate comfort level. It seemed to work IMO. 

Archie has stated in the last that the team shoots well in practice for both free throws and 3pt shooting. Then it isn’t translating to games. 

if they aren’t practicing in Assembly Hall, maybe they should. If they already do, then this is a pointless post. 

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Curious to see if anyone knows which facility the team mainly practices in?

It seems like the videos are mostly from Cook Hall. I remember Crean not really using the new practice facility for daily team practice. He wanted the team to practice in Assembly Hall to be used to the sight lines and have the ultimate comfort level. It seemed to work IMO. 

Archie has stated in the last that the team shoots well in practice for both free throws and 3pt shooting. Then it isn’t translating to games. 

if they aren’t practicing in Assembly Hall, maybe they should. If they already do, then this is a pointless post. 

They practice in both locations, similar to Crean.  It is scheduled to practice in both.

Cool story, when the A.H. floor was being resurfaced during the Davis years, IU had the final four floor setup in Mellencamp and they practiced on it with the goal of going to it in Indy that year.  

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I woud say last nights sight line was a lot different than they are us to for a game.  I listened to Assembly Call postgame last night an coach stated he has a player who will hit 9-10 from 3 in practice but in their first game he hit 1-5

The anti Tebow affect. Everyone always said how awful he would be in practice but once the lights came on he would play amazing.

Archived