Week 9 Opponent, Bowl Game

If the Michigan OSU game is not played, why can't the BIG just let IU play NW with the winner going to the Rose Bowl, and leave OSU free to go to the national championship playoffs with Alabama, Clemson and probably Notre Dame?

We all know that being in OSU's division theoretically blocks IU from winning it forever, unless we actually beat them.  With coach TA staying here, that just may become a viable possibility going forward.  This year is different.  Why should NW just get a pass because they are in the other division.  If they can beat us, they deserve the Rose Bowl.  If not, we do, since OSU won't be going there.

1 minute ago, IUguy said:

If the Michigan OSU game is not played, why can't the BIG just let IU play NW with the winner going to the Rose Bowl, and leave OSU free to go to the national championship playoffs with Alabama, Clemson and probably Notre Dame?

We all know that being in OSU's division theoretically blocks IU from winning it forever, unless we actually beat them.  With coach TA staying here, that just may become a viable possibility going forward.  This year is different.  Why should NW just get a pass because they are in the other division.  If they can beat us, they deserve the Rose Bowl.  If not, we do, since OSU won't be going there.

The Rose Bowl is part of the playoffs so the winner of the Big Ten will not automatically going to the Rose Bowl

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here is the latest with where I think things stand.

The OSU situation is very fluid, could change at any moment.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-week-nine-opponent-taking-shape-new-years-six-bowl-game-becoming-more-likely/

Mike.  I think you know that I think you are great. In everything you do.  However. Regardless of what bowl IU winds up in.  Promise me that you will pick against IU. So far this season.... that has worked out well for IU.  BIG smiley face.   Take care. And stay safe.

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Mike.  I think you know that I think you are great. In everything you do.  However. Regardless of what bowl IU winds up in.  Promise me that you will pick against IU. So far this season.... that has worked out well for IU.  BIG smiley face.   Take care. And stay safe.

Oh sure Mile pile on.  I thought you were better than this, not like that Rico guy.  😁

8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Oh sure Mile pile on.  I thought you were better than this, not like that Rico guy.  😁

Well that TDH guy not only is terrible at picking games against the spread...he struggles at picking who wins!  LOL

Keep up the fine work with the articles TDH and try to stay away from bookies.

The way things are going everyone needs to be prepared for additional bowl cancellations.  I think we all need to recognize that some bowl team could take a major hit from covid and not be able to field a competitive team.  Is it likely?...Probably not, but the virus isn't a sports fan, as far as I can tell.  We're heading into the worst of this pandemic is all I'm saying.

Archived