Ball at it again.......

rico

Love Fraschilla's Tweet.  Sad but true.

Fran FraschillaVerified account @franfraschilla

FollowingFollowing @franfraschilla
More

Fran Fraschilla Retweeted Darren Rovell

A lot of Top 50 guys will not stand for this pay cut.

Fran Fraschilla added,

Darren RovellVerified account @darrenrovell
BREAKING: LaVar Ball says he’s starting a Big Baller basketball league for nation’s top players who don’t want to go to college, says he will pay up to $10K a month http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21827823/lavar-ball-wants-start-league-high-school-graduates 
2:19 PM - 20 Dec 2017 from Dallas, TX

13 minutes ago, rico said:

I like the idea, but according to that read it seems that he wants to promote his sneakers.

Oh absolutely!  Lavar is all about Lavar and "his brand"!  I just want the one and done rule done for, but I don't think he is the one that should be in charge of those talents!

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's just another self-promo by Ball to get his name out there.

This isn't actually going to happen, it's about Ball trying to stay relevant, it's like the Kardashians -- he has no actual relevance, unless he makes it up.

I thought I read somewhere where the G-league was gonna expand?  Me thinks the NBA is gonna change their rule about early entry pretty soon.  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd love to see the NBA allow early entry but make guys out of high school play a year in the G-League at the G-League salary before the big bucks kick in. 

I believe this is the direction they want to take as well, but they also want every NBA franchise to have its own G League affiliate first. I think only 2 or 3 teams still don't have their own G League team. 

9 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

I believe this is the direction they want to take as well, but they also want every NBA franchise to have its own G League affiliate first. I think only 2 or 3 teams still don't have their own G League team. 

That is what I was thinking.  I can't find that damn article I read a few months back concerning all of this.  But Ball is a day late and a dollar short on his thinking.  The NBA "minor league" system is in place.  

Ever since I saw that article have been thinking.  Can "minor league" basketball actually exist without the support of the NBA?  So I started doing some research.  And I used Fort Wayne for the measuring stick as they have minor league hockey, minor league baseball, and a G-league team.  This is what I came up with:

The MadAnts(G-league) reports an average attendance of 2,808 per home game.  However according to the Memorial Coliseum the average is 1,658.

The Tincaps(baseball) are pulling in an average of 5,971 per home game.  

The Komets(hockey) are pulling in an average of 7,526 per home game.

My conclusion is people are not interested in minor league basketball.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Ever since I saw that article have been thinking.  Can "minor league" basket actually exist without the support of the NBA?  So I started doing some research.  And I used Fort Wayne for the measuring stick as they have minor league hockey, minor league baseball, and a G-league team.  This is what I came up with:

The MadAnts(G-league) reports an average attendance of 2,808 per home game.  However according to the Memorial Coliseum the average is 1,658.

The Tincaps(baseball) are pulling in an average of 5,971 per home game.  

The Komets(hockey) are pulling in an average of 7,526 per home game.

My conclusion is people are not interested in minor league basketball.

Because most basketball fans care about college basketball and the G-League.  Especially here in Indiana where a lot of people don't really care for the NBA game as much as they do the college or high school basketball.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because most basketball fans care about college basketball and the G-League.  Especially here in Indiana where a lot of people don't really care for the NBA game as much as they do the college or high school basketball.

Take note of my 2nd sentence.  Fort Wayne is a pretty big town.  3 minor league "franchises" and the G-league ain't even close to hockey or baseball as far as attendance.  Nobody cares about the G-league.

Archived