Indiana HS Football 2021

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

But... the virus isn't bad for the students.... at all. We've seen that. It's scientifically proven. 350 deaths from school aged kids since Covid started.... there were 2700 deaths from teenage drivers in 2019 alone. Isn't 99.8% survival rate pretty good? 

And that's of the cases we know. 

We haven't seen that it's an absolute must for them to get vaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

"Vaccinated"

Because surviving is all that matters.  Who cares about long term health complications when our freedom of going maskless is in jeopardy.   Priorities out of whack? 

6 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Because surviving is all that matters.  Who cares about long term health complications when our freedom of going maskless is in jeopardy.   Priorities out of whack? 

Ahh...  lets hide in our bedrooms and never get back to normalcy. Heck of an option you've came up with! 

My priorities are LITERALLY my students and players having their lives go back to normal. There is a virus out there that, from what we've seen, does not hamper them in anyway. The science backs that. 

Could there be long term effects? I mean.. yeah there could be. There are risks in everything. You could fall down the stairs, you could get in a wreck, you could have a heart attack, etc. Why are you so scared of living? Aren't you vaccinated?  

From what we've seen from Covid as far as teenagers go... your fear is wayyyyyy out of whack. It doesn't align with reality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ahh...  lets hide in our bedrooms and never get back to normalcy. Heck of an option you've came up with! 

My priorities are LITERALLY my students and players having their lives go back to normal. There is a virus out there that, from what we've seen, does not hamper them in anyway. The science backs that. 

Could there be long term effects? I mean.. yeah there could be. There are risks in everything. You could fall down the stairs, you could get in a wreck, you could have a heart attack, etc. Why are you so scared of living? Aren't you vaccinated?  

From what we've seen from Covid as far as teenagers go... your fear is wayyyyyy out of whack. It doesn't align with reality. 

I never said hide in our bedrooms.  Falling down the stairs would be an accident.  Refusing to wear a mask is willful negligence.  Apples to oranges.

The only way we get back to normal is if we get the pandemic under control.  Thanks for standing in the way.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I never said hide in our bedrooms.  Falling down the stairs would be an accident.  Refusing to wear a mask is willful negligence.  Apples to oranges.

The only way we get back to normal is if we get the pandemic under control.  Thanks for standing in the way.

I wear a mask every single time I'm instructed to. I'm not the one standing in the way of normalcy lol you are. 

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 11:35 PM, IU Scott said:

Well of people that think like you did what we were supposed to do the first time then we wouldn't still be worried about all of this.  If everyone got vaccinated and obeyed rules the last year then the virus wouldn't still be so prevelent

Not to deter this convo but Covid is here to stay…likely forever. Vaccinated are getting it and passing it. Masks have limited protection when most people transmit it asymptotically and from family member to another. This virus is too transmissible to be stopped and will be like the flu virus and just move from one hemisphere to another. Heck even if we do find a true vaccine it can move to animals as a host to survive before returning in a new variant that will get by vaccines. Luckily over time viruses mutate to be more transmissible but all get less lethal. Unless people plan to get Covid shots every year (good luck we couldn’t get people to get flu shots) and even then it won’t stop it. We might as well get used to living with it and worry about those with co-morbidities and older folks and the rest of us get back to our lives. Vaccines are great but with a virus that changes this rapidly will always be chasing our tail. More emphasis should be on therapeutics imo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's ridiculous at those schools..plenty big enough. They should never have under 60. 

If I remember correctly, Harrison only had started out with 65 players before the 2019 season, and midway through it, ended up only having 26 before our game against them. It’s pretty sad considerably how nice their stadium is. Bosse is whole other problem, they currently have 19 listed players on their roster 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's ridiculous at those schools..plenty big enough. They should never have under 60. 

Yeah.  Hell when I played at Whitko, leather helmets and all, we had a freshman team.  And a school in Evansville is having problems with a varsity squad?

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If I remember correctly, Harrison only had started out with 65 players before the 2019 season, and midway through it, ended up only having 26 before our game against them. It’s pretty sad considerably how nice their stadium is. Bosse is whole other problem, they currently have 19 listed players on their roster 

As someone that went to college in Evansville and lived there for a dozen years…just can’t figure this out. 

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

As someone that went to college in Evansville and lived there for a dozen years…just can’t figure this out. 

I somewhat understand Bosse, but Harrison is somewhat surprising, since they did have some success a couple of years ago. It could be coaching or just players uninvolved or just doesn’t care. Harrison’s enrollment numbers have been pretty steady over the years.

Bosse’s numbers are slowly dropping, which is one of the reasons. Another reason is people transferring from the program. And possibly some controversies from the recent coaches. They did have a sectional championship appearance in 2017 too 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I somewhat understand Bosse, but Harrison is somewhat surprising, since they did have some success a couple of years ago. It could be coaching or just players uninvolved or just doesn’t care. Harrison’s enrollment numbers have been pretty steady over the years.

Bosse’s numbers are slowly dropping, which is one of the reasons. Another reason is people transferring from the program. And possibly some controversies from the recent coaches. They did have a sectional championship appearance in 2017 too 

Been a long time since I’ve lived there. Sorry to hear that.