2023 SG Joey Hart Commits to pUKe

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll go on record as saying he does not have elite athleticism... maybe its above average, but I think its a far cry from elite. He jumps pretty well for a 6'3 white kid. 

And yeah, I call BS on what Cal said. 

He’s easily 6’4 and it’s elite athleticism… super quick off floor…effortless.

10 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Poor mans John Deibler?

the next Connor Essegian?

I think he can play but understand why IU & Purdue passed on him 

sucks he went to a school I refuse to root for but wish him luck 

He would jump over Connor and John lol… I thought he was a perfect fit for Purdue… but Painter took Colvin over him…I thought they should took both 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'll go on record as saying he does not have elite athleticism... maybe its above average, but I think its a far cry from elite. He jumps pretty well for a 6'3 white kid. 

And yeah, I call BS on what Cal said. 

Also I will add he is just an ok ball handler and not a playmaker… he would basically fit the Kopp role…he is a better shooter than Kopp and way better athlete but Kopp is bigger and better on D…give Joey 2 years though and he will be much better than Kopp in all areas. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

He would jump over Connor and John lol… I thought he was a perfect fit for Purdue… but Painter took Colvin over him…I thought they should took both 

So you’re saying both Painter and Woodson said PASS yet you say …….?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Also I will add he is just an ok ball handler and not a playmaker… he would basically fit the Kopp role…he is a better shooter than Kopp and way better athlete but Kopp is bigger and better on D…give Joey 2 years though and he will be much better than Kopp in all areas. 

Yeah I don't agree he is a better shooter. I don't agree with any of this pretty much. We'll see. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

He’s easily 6’4 and it’s elite athleticism… super quick off floor…effortless.

Its not at all, though. He's athletic for a Southern Indiana kid, but elite athleticism is XJ, TJD, VOs of the world. 

Joey Hart is marginally more athletic than A Leal. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So you’re saying both Painter and Woodson said PASS yet you say …….?

I think Purdue made a mistake.. I understand IU saying no considering we are on so many great prospects for 24 class…I always figured Purdue would end up taking him and redshirt him because you’ll probably have to wait a year or 2 before he adds the strength needed…But I honestly don’t know Purdue scholarship situation either. 

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Joey is an ELITE shooter…Over 60% on open 3’s in AAU and overall 50% from 3…Joey also has Elite athleticism and bounce…dude was hammering 360 dunks in games…where he lacks is strength and defense…  guessing it takes him 2 years to build the strength and defense but as an upperclassman he will be a player at a high major mark it down… Cal says he sees Tyler Herro in him. Same height and weight…

Sorry...I don't share your (or Cal's) vision here.  That's OK...we can agree to disagree and revisit this in a couple of years.

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its not at all, though. He's athletic for a Southern Indiana kid, but elite athleticism is XJ, TJD, VOs of the world. 

Joey Hart is marginally more athletic than A Leal. 

He would jump over Leal….not even close… but I do agree not as fast etc as VO and XJ obviously but a very very good jumper 

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sorry...I don't share your (or Cal's) vision here.  That's OK...we can agree to disagree and revisit this in a couple of years.

More like 4 years.. I think it will take a couple years to add strength… and I really don’t blame IU for not offering considering we are in on great talent for 24. 

Just now, 5 championships said:

He would jump over Leal….not even close… but I do agree not as fast etc as VO and XJ obviously but a very very good jumper 

If I didnt mention before, I will now.. I agree he's a good leaper. You said elite, I said good. If thats where we disagree, thats fine.. 

But I don't agree he would jump over AL at all. I watched AL absolutely hammer dunks in warmups. 

I think the gap between he and AL athletically would be less than the gap between he and VO, for example. 

But, his athleticism can make it, I agree... I have serious questions about his handles. We'll see though. I dont have a problem being wrong. 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

More like 4 years.. I think it will take a couple years to add strength… and I really don’t blame IU for not offering considering we are in on great talent for 24. 

Fair enough.

I'd honestly be surprised if he stays at UK that long.  I expect Calipari to at least try to recruit over him.

• Like 2

Just now, 5 championships said:

Cuz Kopp was a fantastic athlete haha… Kopp did have a great year shooting the ball but give Joey 5 years of college and will see where he is

You said much better in all areas in the years to come... I think he'll be transferring to the MAC or MVC after year 1. 

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

And thats fine. Could for sure happen, but 100% Woodson and staff aren't negligent for not going after Joey harder than they did. And that's what the post before yours was alluding to. 

Same way they acted like Woodson was soooo negligent in the 2023 class, Ledlum, etc. 

Simply put..we aren't "gettin them all". Never have. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You said much better in all areas in the years to come... I think he'll be transferring to the MAC or MVC after year 1. 

Ya I think so… give him 3 years to improve…I honestly thought it might be better to go to an ISU get immediate playing time then transfer up and play last 2 years at high major 

Just now, btownqb said:

And thats fine. Could for sure happen, but 100% Woodson and staff aren't negligent for not going after Joey harder than they did. And that's what the post before yours was alluding to. 

Same way they acted like Woodson was soooo negligent in the 2023 class, Ledlum, etc. 

Simply put..we aren't "gettin them all". Never have. 

Oh no I don’t blame Woodson at all… I just saw some people trashing Joey when he is better than what people are giving him credit for but like I’ve stated he needs 2 years to get the muscle he needs. And I think he fits in a Kopp role very well.. ball won’t be in his hands much.. he will be asked to space the floor with shooting and then be athletic around rim on back cuts and In transition.. 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Oh no I don’t blame Woodson at all… I just saw some people trashing Joey when he is better than what people are giving him credit for but like I’ve stated he needs 2 years to get the muscle he needs. And I think he fits in a Kopp role very well.. ball won’t be in his hands much.. he will be asked to space the floor with shooting and then be athletic around rim on back cuts and In transition.. 

Couldnt agree more. He can for sure do that.. I do NOT think he is capable of doing that at UK. But, we will see. 

I think he needed to get out of the state of Indiana no matter what he did. 

Couldnt agree more. He can for sure do that.. I do NOT think he is capable of doing that at UK. But, we will see. 

I think he needed to get out of the state of Indiana no matter what he did. 

Idk I thought Purdue would been perfect… they are known to redshirt guys and really develop.. he fits the Ryan cline, Dakota Mathies types but Joey is better jumper than them..he might end up there eventually…I don’t think he plays anywhere right away at high major.. it will be 2 years… doesn’t play at UK as a freshman is my guess. And then probably gets recruited over….but In the long run this kids got potential to be a player just needs to mature 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Idk I thought Purdue would been perfect… they are known to redshirt guys and really develop.. he fits the Ryan cline, Dakota Mathies types but Joey is better jumper than them..he might end up there eventually…I don’t think he plays anywhere right away at high major.. it will be 2 years… doesn’t play at UK as a freshman is my guess. And then probably gets recruited over….but In the long run this kids got potential to be a player just needs to mature 

I don't disagree. UK isn't Purdue though. Purdue does a great of developing role type players to excel in their roles. 

Like I am questioning UKs investment in him and their ability to develop him, not necessarily questioning Joey with that opinion, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

I don't disagree. UK isn't Purdue though. Purdue does a great of developing role type players to excel in their roles. 

Like I am questioning UKs investment in him and their ability to develop him, not necessarily questioning Joey with that opinion, if that makes sense. 

100 percent agree.. UK not a good fit for what he needs I’m afraid but will see..I wish IU had room to take him and let him develop..he’s upside is much better than Leals in my opinion but just on to many top guys in 24 class to give him scholarship. 

Edited by 5 championships

The only reason this guy is getting any run is because he’s a S. Indiana guy and a lot of you live down there. Had he been from anywhere north of Indianapolis, no one would care. He is getting too much attention for a guy who is going to play somewhere other than Bloomington. He would have never made it in CMW’s program, given the level of talent that is being recruited. He would have been a prototypical CAM recruit. He disappeared in the second half of the championship game v Blackhawk Christian and certainly did not look like an elite player.

And, what has not been mentioned at all in this thread is the home life he comes from. Have to wonder what of his dad’s problems have affected him. Have to believe that his dad had some impact that could be a negative factor for the kid 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The only reason this guy is getting any run is because he’s a S. Indiana guy and a lot of you live down there. Had he been from anywhere north of Indianapolis, no one would care. He is getting too much attention for a guy who is going to play somewhere other than Bloomington. He would have never made it in CMW’s program, given the level of talent that is being recruited. He would have been a prototypical CAM recruit. He disappeared in the second half of the championship game v Blackhawk Christian and certainly did not look like an elite player.

And, what has not been mentioned at all in this thread is the home life he comes from. Have to wonder what of his dad’s problems have affected him. Have to believe that his dad had some impact that could be a negative factor for the kid 

Off topic but you could say the same sort of thing about Luke Brown.  It’s insane the amount of attention/hype he got. 

• Thanks 1