UCF capping 'championship' season with Disney World parade Sunday

Payday

Many of us have made comments regarding the limited return and benefit under college football playoff system, and that was before this year concluded. UCF beat Auburn and Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia I think. I understand the issues on not increasing the team count in the playoffs, but can we please get someone in the NCAA smart enough to not allow a team like UCF to have a shot at beating the only team to beat two of your “playoff” teams? Lol, who was stupid enough, knowing UCF was unbeaten, to give them a shot at Auburn and open up that can of worms? Send them to the Bahamas bowl, anywhere but not where they can have a chance at defeating a team that beat TWO of your playoff teams. Who wouldn’t love to hear the excuse that guy came up with, the guy who did not see the danger that UCF might just beat Auburn and didn’t backroom an effort to not let UCF play Auburn, and allowed UCF a legitimate claim on the national title? Folks, UCF is undefeated and beat the team that beat two of our playoff teams and they are not going to be national champions and they didn’t even get a consideration to be in the playoff. The results were this damn good when we just let the writers and coaches vote the national champion.

22 minutes ago, Payday said:

Many of us have made comments regarding the limited return and benefit under college football playoff system, and that was before this year concluded. UCF beat Auburn and Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia I think. I understand the issues on not increasing the team count in the playoffs, but can we please get someone in the NCAA smart enough to not allow a team like UCF to have a shot at beating the only team to beat two of your “playoff” teams? Lol, who was stupid enough, knowing UCF was unbeaten, to give them a shot at Auburn and open up that can of worms? Send them to the Bahamas bowl, anywhere but not where they can have a chance at defeating a team that beat TWO of your playoff teams. Who wouldn’t love to hear the excuse that guy came up with, the guy who did not see the danger that UCF might just beat Auburn and didn’t backroom an effort to not let UCF play Auburn, and allowed UCF a legitimate claim on the national title? Folks, UCF is undefeated and beat the team that beat two of our playoff teams and they are not going to be national champions and they didn’t even get a consideration to be in the playoff. The results were this damn good when we just let the writers and coaches vote the national champion.

I am pretty sure UCF was locked into the "New Year's 6".  They were gonna play somebody good no matter what.  But I agree with you, they should have got their shot.

Just further proof of the hypocrisy of the NCAA.  It has never been about the athletes.  Undefeated team not in the final 4 selection.  Couldn't be happier UCF won due to thier been snubbed by selection committee.  Only the big money names get the nod. Another reason I would like to see FB expand to 8 team play off to help prevent such issues with the "lesser conferences."

Archived