Maryland game thread

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Idk what any of that means. We lost. It wasn't pathetic. 

Watching McCulley was a breath of fresh air. 

We can agree on McCulley, the future is bright if he stays, with the coaching he's seen in this game/ year.

If your'e expectations for what we have, doesn't say pathetic for that lose, then we can't agree.

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

We can agree on McCulley, the future is bright if he stays, with the coaching he's seen in this game/ year.

If your'e expectations for what we have, doesn't say pathetic for that lose, then we can't agree.

Disappointing sure. Our basketball team has had like a decade of pathetic losses, I wouldn't categorize today as pathetic. 

Sucks. But.. 🤷‍♂️

2 3rd and long conversions away from it not being pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree with this because he is without his two best CB's.  With that we shouldn't be blitzing so much and leaving them in man to man

The first third and long we didn't blitz. The 2nd one we brought 5. 

Jaylin Williams should have better coverage on the 2nd one or the ball wouldn't have been complete. But... I would have preferred to have rushed 3 and dropped 8. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

To the best of my knowledge Shelby didn’t”t blow any assignments today.  The problems on the defensive side of the ball aren’t the reason they are where there are at this point

Correct. 

Made Mullen an AA, developed Reese Taylor into a very good corner, Jaylin Williams 2nd team all league.... and somehow developing Pierre into a serviceable corner(normally was our 3rd and long Husky)... Shelby can coach. 

Don't forget.. 4th best corner (Keys) out for the year, 5th best (Tracy) transferred. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They were without their best two corners? That doesn't come into play at all? 

No, it doesn't.

I don't consider being "beat" on the corner as pathetic, these are all supposed to be all D1 athletes with a killer/ winner instinct. What I say today was several "lightly touch the receiver and then stand still watching him run past you for 10 yards". 

While at the same time, every contested IU pass, our receiver had a defender inside their jock strap (at least 2 were PI).  

Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

No, it doesn't.

I don't consider being "beat" on the corner as pathetic, these are all supposed to be all D1 athletes with a killer/ winner instinct. What I say today was several "lightly touch the receiver and then stand still watching him run past you for 10 yards". 

While at the same time, every contested IU pass, our receiver had a defender inside their jock strap (at least 2 were PI).  

Pathetic.

Ok well.. I dont agree with you.  Starters are starters for a reason.  I think, maybe, Mullen is pretty decent too right? As in an All American? 

I wonder how well the basketball team would play with TJD. 

I'm not arguing they played well, they certainly didn't.. but to say missing your top two guys had no effect, shew, that's a tough sell. 

Jarrett kid is LEGIT too btw. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Want a good laugh to get over the loss go read the idiots over at rivals.  They are over there calling for Allen to he fired and if not the fans should stop watching until he is gone.

See.. thats just.. man. Makes it not fun when people like that head to memorial stadium 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

No, it doesn't.

Pathetic.

Until the last two weeks I think the defense has been good.  I don't see Shelby ad a problem since the secondary has been a huge plus the last few years.

I’ll point out some positives. 

McCulley looked good. I could see him settle in. 

The OL seemed improved. Maybe that wasn’t the case, but it seemed to improve. 

Carr had some good runs. 2&5 is SO much different than 2&9-11. 

Losing Matthews and Ellis hurts. They were probably the two best play makers in space. 

Sounds like Mullen wasn’t 100% and Taylor was out. That’s a big hit to the secondary. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Want a good laugh to get over the loss go read the idiots over at rivals.  They are over there calling for Allen to he fired and if not the fans should stop watching until he is gone.

I've not been happy with this season either, but I think they're just looking for a scapegoat. Who could we get here that would be enough of an upgrade to make it worth firing Allen? There are FCS jobs that are better than this one.