'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

7 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I will take a 4 seed in Louisville all day.  If we got to the second weekend, that is a home game. That location is probably second only to Indianapolis as far as places to play (where they will actually have games).

Strongly thinking NCAA will put us in the South Region because of potential $$ if we we make the Regional

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

A few teams in front of us lost yesterday. If we split this week and then finish strong I think we end up a 3 seed. 

Yep. I’ve listened to several podcasts focused on bracketology. Consensus seems to be that our ceiling is a 3 if what you said above happened and floor is no worse than a 5, which would likely require losing out. And it seems a loss in the BTT doesn’t really hurt you but winning it could certainly bump us up a seed line. I like where we’re sitting and I love that we’re talking about this on Feb 19th and not whether or not we’ll make it!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Yep. I’ve listened to several podcasts focused on bracketology. Consensus seems to be that our ceiling is a 3 if what you said above happened and floor is no worse than a 5, which would likely require losing out. And it seems a loss in the BTT doesn’t really hurt you but winning it could certainly bump us up a seed line. I like where we’re sitting and I love that we’re talking about this on Feb 19th and not whether or not we’ll make it!

3 line would be nice obviously…would rather avoid the 1 seed if possible until the elite 8. Big drop off from the 1s to 2s imo this year. That said it’s always about matchups. I feel good against most teams that perhaps don’t have a dominant big to slow up Trayce. Normally I wouldn’t want to face a Houston team but I wouldn’t be scared of them. A few teams I don’t want to face would be Alabama, Kansas, and Arizona. Teams with athletic front lines and can shoot from deep. Be crazy to get Virginia and face Armaan at some point.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

That seems to make a lot of sense if I’m understanding. Probably end up 3 or 4, could tank to a 5 or win out/nearly win out and MAYBE get to a 2.

Not bad at all considering the things we’ve dealt with this year and that it’s only Year 2 of Woodson. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

That seems to make a lot of sense if I’m understanding. Probably end up 3 or 4, could tank to a 5 or win out/nearly win out and MAYBE get to a 2.

Not bad at all considering the things we’ve dealt with this year and that it’s only Year 2 of Woodson. 

Correct, I think we would probably have to win out and win the big 10 tournament (or final game) to get to the 2 line. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was looking it up pre season,  they have like 4 top 100 guys on that team and another guy that performed well as a 4th or 5th year transfer.  I doubt they fire him being a UofL hall of fame but he doesn't look the roll.  

Yea, KP was a questionable choice, their roster isn’t even that bad too. Some of my Louisville buddies want him out after this year since how bad they are

So let me get this straight. Darius Miles (Bama player involved in murder trial) texted Bama star Freshman Brandon Miller to bring him the gun that was used in this case. This information came out today while Coach Oates has said he is no trouble regarding this case.

So they've known all along that his star player brought the gun to the scene, that weapon was used in the murder and it's play on? Man that SEC is just wired differently. Shoot we had folks on here wanting to kick Xavier Johnson off for speeding. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So let me get this straight. Darius Miles (Bama player involved in murder trial) texted Bama star Freshman Brandon Miller to bring him the gun that was used in this case. This information came out today while Coach Oates has said he is no trouble regarding this case.

So they've known all along that his star player brought the gun to the scene, that weapon was used in the murder and it's play on? Man that SEC is just wired differently. Shoot we had folks on here wanting to kick Xavier Johnson off for speeding. 

I hadn't seen that, wow.

There is going to have to be a hell of an explanation on that if Oates knew the entire time and it ends up that Miller is legally involved in this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I hadn't seen that, wow.

There is going to have to be a hell of an explanation on that if Oates knew the entire time and it ends up that Miller is legally involved in this. 

It's all been coming out in last hour or so. Oates even said wrong place wrong time,etc....yep because I'm bringing a gun to a place where a murder happens with said gun I got one word for you. It's called being an accomplice.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

It's all been coming out in last hour or so. Oates even said wrong place wrong time,etc....yep because I when I complicit in bringing a gun to a place where a murder happens with said gun I got one word for you. It's called being an accomplice.

Just read an article about it on AL.com....

Tuscaloosa police protecting a star from UA is about as that type of thing happening at Michigan State. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Just read an article about it on AL.com....

Tuscaloosa police protecting a star from UA is about as that type of thing happening at Michigan State. 

I think Oats needs to step in. Dude brought a gun to a teammate, I mean... what did Miller think he was going to do with it? 

It appears authorities hands are tied.