'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Wasn't sure where to put this so since it's still 23 I'll throw it in year. I think a real argument could be made for JHS staying another year. The difference between 20th and 8th pick overall is almost double the $ or roughly $7-$8 million over the first 3 years.

Now if I were advising I'd say go get it now because nothing is guaranteed but I definitely could see the discussion of returning for another year. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so since it's still 23 I'll throw it in year. I think a real argument could be made for JHS staying another year. The difference between 20th and 8th pick overall is almost double the $ or roughly $7-$8 million over the first 3 years.

Now if I were advising I'd say go get it now because nothing is guaranteed but I definitely could see the discussion of returning for another year. 

10mil difference from 15 to 5.  Can he play himself into top 5 next year?  Maybe.  He has the size and definitely the talent.  If he could settle in around 20+ points a game and a good t/a ratio he could easily be a top 5 pick with his tools.  Is the risk of injury playing on what could be a inferior talented team which could cause him not to be as free to do what he does worth it?  Would it lower his stock?

I would love to have him another year.  I think he will be very special next year if he stays.  Also i guess it could depend on how much money they can get him with the NIL, could be able to offset the loss of the 3mil paycheck next year if he goes. 

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I hope he decides quickly though so we can hit the portal hard.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

29 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

10mil difference from 15 to 5.  Can he play himself into top 5 next year?  Maybe.  He has the size and definitely the talent.  If he could settle in around 20+ points a game and a good t/a ratio he could easily be a top 5 pick with his tools.  Is the risk of injury playing on what could be a inferior talented team which could cause him not to be as free to do what he does worth it?  Would it lower his stock?

I would love to have him another year.  I think he will be very special next year if he stays.  Also i guess it could depend on how much money they can get him with the NIL, could be able to offset the loss of the 3mil paycheck next year if he goes. 

Will be interesting to see what happens.  I hope he decides quickly though so we can hit the portal hard.

I'd love to have him back as well, but as we all know, it's not the first contract that these guys are after. Speeding up the timeframe to get the second contract would be the primary reason he leaves, imo.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Heck, I'd really like to see it too.  Especially if paired with an experienced, quick point guard (XJ).  That could be really a dynamic combo.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I'd love to have him back as well, but as we all know, it's not the first contract that these guys are after. Speeding up the timeframe to get the second contract would be the primary reason he leaves, imo.

Yep...always the second. I get wanting that clock started sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't get it.  Lateral at best.  Does Georgetown care about winning?

From what I was able to glean, more NIL opportunities as the D.C. area is flush with big-money Georgetown Alums. There also is a wealth of talent in that area, and would make recruiting much easier than at Providence.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As anticipated, Ed Cooley leaving Providence to take the Georgetown HC position.

Wonder if there will be any kids looking for a new start?

Hate to hear that.  I've always liked Ed.  Georgetown is not a better job than Providence, but comes with more pressure.