'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

As some of you may or may not know, Evansville now has 2 Div. 1 teams. University of Evansville has struggled big time the last several years. It got to the point where I thought they should drop back to D2. But this year has changed drastically as the Purple Aces are having their best start to the season in almost 60 years as they are 6-0!! Not since the Arad Mccutchan's when they went undefeated have the done this! Some of their wins are against Chattanooga, 85-77 ( a team that received some Top 25 votes), plus a 93-74 win over Southeast Missouri. The Aces also won the 2 game Coke Zero Sugar Classic in Tennessee!

Coach David Ragland has the team on a roll!

Go Aces!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Kenpom plays on results, its not a future cast. I dont think Uconn was top 15 last year before they won the tournament.

Kenpom is basically a calculator of how well teams cover the spread.

It plays on results. So the results are that we've won games but haven't looked that great doing it against the weaker part of the schedule.

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It plays on results. So the results are that we've won games but haven't looked that great doing it against the weaker part of the schedule.

I whish I could remember the commentator who said last weekend if a defender can’t stay in front of a player you can throw analytics away!

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I whish I could remember the commentator who said last weekend if a defender can’t stay in front of a player you can throw analytics away!

Not sure who said it or how its relevant? If a defender can't stay in front of anyone the analytics will probably confirm what we're seeing. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I cant help you if you were expecting perfection this early in the season. Everyone else outside of IU had us mediocre this year. We get pissed because how dare they disrespect us. then we get pissed because we are mediocre this year (currently).

I refuse to act like a fool and start jumping ship and call for CMW's job this early in the season. The two seasons we have under CMW has shown us he has the capability to right the ship. CMW and staff has the ability. The team has the talent. Lets wait a bit before we freak out.

My expectations are make it to the second weekend. That goal is very mush still attainable. 

This reminds me a lot of when my GF is riding in the passenger seat telling me to brake for a car 100' feet in front of me.