'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

58 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Interesting story about some cheating/spying allegations against Auburn that came up back in 2018. This sounds right up Bruce Pearl’s alley. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2023/12/13/college-basketball-secret-filming-spying/71742826007/

The SEC has been laughing at the rest of the world for decades because they are so good at it!! They also know how to play the game and make themselves sound like saints!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Former North Carolina player and Indiana native Eric Montross died of cancer yesterday.  

His father, Scott, and I attended the same high school.  I was four years behind him.  Remember watching him play ball and wishing I was 6’6”.  Nope…5’8”.  Hoped Eric would choose IU, but it didn’t happen.   Condolences to the families.   

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

I'd like to consider myself fairly knowledgeable about college basketball. Sure, there are my people that know way more than I do, but I still feel like I'm pretty 'in-the-know' when it comes to teams around the country.

But when I looked at today's scoreboard, I barely recognize any of the names.

Prairie View A&M vs NORTH AMERICAN

TEXAS A&M COMMERCE vs ARLINGTON BABTIST

Pacific vs STANISLAUS STATE

TARLETON STATE, LeTOURNEAU, McPHERSON, ECCLESIA, BLUEFIELD UNIVERSITY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Who are these teams and what fictional locations do they "reside"?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I'd like to consider myself fairly knowledgeable about college basketball. Sure, there are my people that know way more than I do, but I still feel like I'm pretty 'in-the-know' when it comes to teams around the country.

TARLETON STATE, LeTOURNEAU, McPHERSON, ECCLESIA, BLUEFIELD UNIVERSITY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don't forget Fairleigh Dickinson and St. Peter's. Who ever heard of those teams and where are they located? 

13 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

It’s a great drinking game 

🚬Tarelton is in Texas….Billie Gillespie is the HC 😳

LeTourneau has a strict fraternization policy ❤️ 

14 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I believe Boise St changed their name to Bluefield University

image.thumb.png.88490cc0d450557c6338e06b306d63e1.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Citadel beats Notre Dame by 20. The Irish poured in 45 points tonight.

That’s what a bad loss looks like.

Coming off a home OT loss to Georgetown. Rough start for Micah, but I like his response in the post game. You don't hear this from coaches much anymore:

"If you don’t play hard, then you sit and rot on the bench... I’ll go and talk to people in compliance. I'll help you transfer. This culture is getting built the right way. If you ain’t a part of it, you’re out."

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Coming off a home OT loss to Georgetown. Rough start for Micah, but I like his response in the post game. You don't hear this from coaches much anymore:

"If you don’t play hard, then you sit and rot on the bench... I’ll go and talk to people in compliance. I'll help you transfer. This culture is getting built the right way. If you ain’t a part of it, you’re out."

That’s what accountability looks like too 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Unless of course he's the one who brought them in. Have a few coaches in our league with high turnover/transfer rates blaming things on the kids....which of course I say you brought them in buddy. That's on you. 

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unless of course he's the one who brought them in. Have a few coaches in our league with high turnover/transfer rates blaming things on the kids....which of course I say you brought them in buddy. That's on you. 

Didn’t Lute Olson do there with Stoudemire?  

100% agree

that’s where culture means everything 

Not sure in my 50 years of watching college basketball I’ve considered ND a hard nosed program 

• Like 1