'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

• rico changed the title to '24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)
32 minutes ago, IUskim said:

He actually hasn’t worked for them since 2012. His radio show is on cbs sports or something like that. 

Just goes to show how I have kept up with Doug's stellar broadcasting career...

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, rico said:

Just goes to show how I have kept up with Doug's stellar broadcasting career...

...and how much you watch ESPN.  (Don't feel bad...I didn't keep up with sticky fingers Gottlieb either.)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

“As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, Phoenix athletic director Josh Moon told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/doug-gottlieb-hired-as-green-bay-mens-basketball-coach-radio-host-steps-onto-court-to-lead-the-phoenix/

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“As part of the terms of his employment, Gottlieb will continue to host his nationally syndicated daily radio show for Fox Sports Radio, Phoenix athletic director Josh Moon told CBS Sports. It's an unprecedented arrangement: Gottlieb will be a Division I coach and a member of the media simultaneously.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/doug-gottlieb-hired-as-green-bay-mens-basketball-coach-radio-host-steps-onto-court-to-lead-the-phoenix/

Things that won't work out--- for 100, Alex 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Things that won't work out--- for 100, Alex 

So coach Doug can't comment on referees per conference rules, however, media Doug is protected by the first amendment, and can spend an hour on his show eviscerating them.  This should be fun!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, rico said:

Doug was on The DP Show.  He is still a douche and as irritating as ever.

I was running errands and had to turn it off when he went on the make Green Bay basketball  the greatest time of your life stuff...

Now, the question that everybody wants to know the answer to: How do you balance coaching and hosting your FOX Sports radio show every weekday? 

"First, there are finances involved in this decision. I think they actually mutually promote themselves. This gives Green Bay something different. It's going to help our program with NIL money and recruiting. And the other thing is, it allows me to take less money and pay my assistant coaches more. But it gives Josh (Moon) and the entire UW-Green Bay athletic department a new kind of publicity. With my connections in the basketball world and in the media, I believe the show is a great way for us to only promote the program." 

• Thanks 1