Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just talk about the subject at hand. It'll go much smoother. 

If Fife wanted to stay, his actions should have shown that. Sorry the details were leaked. 🤷‍♂️

I don't see anyone saying he should not have been let go. The issue is why run his name more the mud. It's not hard to see that. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Woodson or IU didn't say anything bad about Dane.  If you are going by Rabjohn's post that wasn't from Woodson or IU

There are two separate fronts here:

1) Peegs should NEVER post something like they did and they know it now because it's gone. And the fact that this kind of info leaks while the program is usually so incredibly tight lipped about everything else is telling to me.

2) Mike should not have clarified that he wasnt a fit and was fired. Nobody outside of the program needs to know that, especially when most people outside the program cherish him. It's just a way to alienate fans and be intentionally abrasive. It has virtually nothing to do with how effective or ineffective Dane was on staff.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

They were leaked by IU that’s the issue.  They are punks for this and this is part of the reason this institution has failed at sports for so long.  It’s ran by morons.  

How do you know it was leaked by IU.  Rabjohn got a lot of his info from Fife himself, especially about the NIL stuff.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

See you are a typical rah rah fan that likes to think IU does no wrong.  They screwed up here.  Royally. It’s obvious to see and it’s bush league shit that nobody deserves.

In this lawsuit you suggest. Show me IU’s or Woodson’s statements you would sue over. 

I would countersue and give this to the first year law students at IU for a side project. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, btownqb said:

His name is in the mud because of the complete BS stunts he pulled. 

It’s because IU leaked it.  That’s the crap.  I could go on and on about some of the stuff Woodson was wrong about and probably the reason he will fail.  

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

1) Peegs should NEVER post something like they did and they know it now because it's gone. And the fact that this kind of info leaks while the program is usually so incredibly tight lipped about everything else is telling to me.

2) Mike should not have clarified that he wasnt a fit and was fired. Nobody outside of the program needs to know that, especially when most people outside the program cherish him. It's just a way to alienate fans and be intentionally abrasive. It has virtually nothing to do with how effective or ineffective Dane was on staff.

They deleted it? Damage control.  What screw ups IU and Peegs are.  

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

His name is in the mud because of the complete BS stunts he pulled. 

So now the public needs to know details right? Why? Who does that benefit,  Woodson that's it.

It must be nice to be one of the perfect people in this world that sees no problem with kicking a guy when he is down. I have there and trust me it never has to be that way. I just dont get the piling on

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Or #2 just could be looked at like nbd at all?

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

In this lawsuit you suggest. Show me IU’s or Woodson’s statements you would sue over. 

I would countersue and give this to the first year law students at IU for a side project. 

Why is everyone deleting everything now? I would also care to wager that IU will be paying out more after this shit show. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

If there was no explanation then the fan base would be going crazy to know why they fired him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree but I listened to his show and he was making a slightly different point.  He is arguing that Peegs is subservient to Woodson and IU.  They will print what they like and will brush aside what they don't like.  They won't run an expose on the Northwestern issue because the program does not want it to, but they will put out a hatchet piece against Fife because they do.

For better or worse, that's what Dakich is talking about, at least today.  He is fully capable of contradicting himself tomorrow.

I don’t know a lot of people that seemed to think an expose of the NU situation was warranted to justify what Woodson did, but I have unfortunately seen a ton of you that made this an inevitable reality with Fife.

You guys rushed to defend Fife like he is some sacred son and trashed a much better (in every way) Hoosier in the process. The result was inevitable thanks to the backlash that was provided. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

So now the public needs to know details right? Why? Who does that benefit,  Woodson that's it.

It must be nice to be one of the perfect people in this world that sees no problem with kicking a guy when he is down. I have there and trust me it never has to be that way. I just dont get the piling on

I suspect your conduct would have been MUCH different if you were given the opportunity to be a coach at IU. :)

Besides Rabjohn's article who has ran his name through the mud

Well that is how JD Campbell does his stuff.  He is a POS.  He did a lot of crap during Crean’s years whenever anyone said anything bad about Crean. His job is to make IU look good and he screwed up here.  

• Haha 4

Just now, IU Scott said:

If there was no explanation then the fan base would be going crazy to know why they fired him.

And how many times has our rabid fanbase been dying to know something about our program and they never cave in? They don't owe us anything. Cite irreconcilable differences or let dane find somewhere else to go first.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t know a lot of people that seemed to think an expose of the NU situation was warranted to justify what Woodson did, but I have unfortunately seen a ton of you that made this an inevitable reality with Fife.

You guys rushed to defend Fife like he is some sacred son and trashed a much better (in every way) Hoosier in the process. The result was inevitable thanks to the backlash that was provided. 

Absolutely excellent post

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I have fired people and hired people. Never felt the need to belittle those I let go. I have enough confidence in myself to know that if I fired someone it was warranted

That is the thing I have not seen anyone belittle Dane besides what Rabjohn's posted

• Like 1

Show the proof about all of these things

You just don’t understand how IU operates.  Talk to Peegs during the Crean years even though he most likely won’t want to admit his press pass about being pulled by Campbell because of a bad article about Crean. He ended up deleting the article. Campbell leaked this shit to Rabjohns and it has gotten out of control now and I guess it’s now gone.  

• Haha 4