Dane Fife not returning to Indiana

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dane is suing IU because hes an a**?

I said I would if this ever happened to me. This is totally inappropriate and opens the University up to so much litigation. If my firm ever handled anything like this we would have to pay out lots of money.  

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Bushmage said:

the assistant coach is an all time hoosier and was brought in less a year ago. I am upset that we are making this guy out to be some jackass who never fit here and dragging his name on the way out. It is completely against this idea that we're bridging the past.

Why wasnt Dane more willing to be a part of that bridge once on campus? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

Why wasnt Dane more willing to be a part of that bridge once on campus? 

We have no accurate idea what he was and wasnt willing to be honestly. We have rumors at best. I could fire back and say why isnt Mike more amenable to solving this than showing a former hoosier the door in such a short amount of time.

That's why you keep a lid on stuff like this, but we've chosen the other route. That's what people are currently not a fan of.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Really? Really? I would sue his but and IUs butt. They gave a ton of information some over done and some crazy talk to the biggest forum of Indiana sports. That violates so much in employment law I don’t even know where to begin.  There is a way better way of doing this than having all the dirty laundry out because it is all not rosy for IU either. Thank JD Campbell for another smear campaign which he did for Crean a lot. Woodson most likely isn’t that far away from it.  

🙄

• Like 3

Just now, Bushmage said:

We have no accurate idea what he was and wasnt willing to be honestly. We have rumors at best. I could fire back and say why isnt Mike more amenable to solving this than showing a former hoosier the door in such a short amount of time.

That's why you keep a lid on stuff like this, but we've chosen the other route. That's what people are currently not a fan of.

Did you not read the press release? Woodson thanked him. 

The Fife stuff happened man. Idk what to tell you. He messed up. Bad. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If that Filipowski thing happened as stated there, that's incredibly stupid.  But Chris007 is forever the guy who guaranteed Stevens was coming.  It's hard to believe Fife is that stupid in front of a recruit.

Chris007 also said Fife might be gone a month ago. He is right as often as anyone I have ever seen on these kind of boards.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did you not read the press release? Woodson thanked him. 

The Fife stuff happened man. Idk what to tell you. He messed up. Bad. 

I dont care that he thanked him when he first ensures everyone knows Dane was fired. It's just weird. And its way worse to let these details go out by somebody like Peegs. I dont know how you take seriously that we want to bridge the past with stuff like that.

I believe the Fife stuff happened, I believe its the right call to have let him go. But there is just no scenario where you let this stuff get out and even clarify beyond his departure to make him look bad. It's just a garbage thing to do to someone a lot of people admire. This would be a bit different if it were some no name assistant coach.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Well, one is about kids on the team, one is about a guy who is no longer on the team. I don't agree with ripping Fife, but what DD is saying is, you can't have it both ways and I just don't agree. I don't think you should be doing "exposes" about kids getting in trouble on the team. DD is also just way too involved in all things IU and it's always negative. So, yes I think what Rabby did was lame, but to act like it's all a conspiracy to tarnish Fife and make IU look good, is purely gossip. Any and all beat writers are semi subservient to the teams they cover. If they can't get close to players and coaches they have no job. It's easy for DD to say this since his entire job is ripping people and the only time people pay attention is when it's IU. So his criticism is pretty ironic. Someone should just ask Rabby, why spill the beans? 

With that being said some things that happen in house can be shared to make someone look bad and other in house info not shared. Both situations were handled in house but with 1 the university felt they should fling some mud on the guy on his way out. I am just not a big fan of taking shots at anyone's character especially one that is on their way out. I did not get it with Cream or Archie either.

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I dont care that he thanked him when he first ensures everyone knows Dane was fired. It's just weird. And its way worse to let these details go out by somebody like Peegs. I dont know how you take seriously that we want to bridge the past with stuff like that.

I believe the Fife stuff happened, I believe its the right call to have let him go. But there is just no scenario where you let this stuff get out and even clarify beyond his departure to make him look bad. It's just a garbage thing to do to someone a lot of people admire. This would be a bit different if it were some no name assistant coach.

I'm absolutely amazed man. You know the Fife stuff happened and your frustrations aren't with him. I don't actually understand that. 

• Like 5

Just now, btownqb said:

I'm absolutely amazed man. You know the Fife stuff happened and your frustrations aren't with him. I don't actually understand that. 

Who says im not frustrated with him too? That's why I'm telling you it's right to let him go. But why isnt it a separate frustration that there is no reason you or I should know any of this business? We let this leak but everything else is also so tight lipped? It's embarrassing.

Just now, btownqb said:

You are dense dude. This isn’t the way you handle a firing especially on one of your own. Period. No firm or institution should ever handle it this way. We are not allowed at my firm to discuss anyone to another firm that we terminate.  

2 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

The only blowback has been on niche online forums and on a radio show hosted by an also fired former IU coach. 

If Fife is as big of a loss as many claim he is and/or if the stuff Rabby said was bogus, I would expect to see Fife on the bench of an upper echelon Power 5 team in no time. 

Literally the only people that care. Fife isn't a legend.

• Like 3

Just now, Bushmage said:

Who says im not frustrated with him too? That's why I'm telling you it's right to let him go. But why isnt it a separate frustration that there is no reason you or I should know any of this business? We let this leak but everything else is also so tight lipped? It's embarrassing.

I don't see it like that. I dont ever want information being spread about our players, lord especially not in season. Fife was treated the exact way he treated people when he was here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Literally the only people that care. Fife isn't a legend.

Fife was in a national championship at IU and is the all time steals leader, but sure he's not a legend and we should probably drag his name a little bit more just so he gets the message he's not wanted here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

You are dense dude. This isn’t the way you handle a firing especially on one of your own. Period. No firm or institution should ever handle it this way. We are not allowed at my firm to discuss anyone to another firm that we terminate.  

Just talk about the subject at hand. It'll go much smoother. 

If Fife wanted to stay, his actions should have shown that. Sorry the details were leaked. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

Fife was in a national championship at IU and is the all time steals leader, but sure he's not a legend and we should probably drag his name a little bit more just so he gets the message he's not wanted here.

I'm talking about it not being that big of a deal nationally. Fife was stud player. No doubt. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

“I am committed to doing what I believe is best for the continued growth of our men’s basketball program as we collectively work toward returning it to the upper echelon of college basketball,” said Woodson in a release.

“Sometimes, that commitment can result in some very difficult decisions, and that is the case today. Ultimately, I believe that the fit must be right with a coaching staff, and I’ve decided that a change is necessary.”

“I appreciate everything Dane has done as a member of the staff during the last year and as player for our program. He will always be a part of the Hoosier family and I wish him well in his future pursuits.”

Woodson's EXACT words. Why are we upset about this wording?

I kept hearing DD saying how bad the press release was, so I was going back to read it.  Looking at this I don't see how anyone could say that Woodson discredited Dane in anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Just talk about the subject at hand. It'll go much smoother. 

If Fife wanted to stay, his actions should have shown that. Sorry the details were leaked. 🤷‍♂️

They were leaked by IU that’s the issue.  They are punks for this and this is part of the reason this institution has failed at sports for so long.  It’s ran by morons.  

8 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Woodson or IU didn't say anything bad about Dane.  If you are going by Rabjohn's post that wasn't from Woodson or IU

• Like 3