Jump to content

Transfer Portal 2022


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Family relation helped put together Cook family NIL as a charity 

 

I see.  I'm a tad surprised by that as charitable contributions are limited but marketing write-offs aren't.  Not that I think the Cooks will hit that limit but why put it in place to begin with?

Regardless, the recipient will have to report income.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I see.  I'm a tad surprised by that as charitable contributions are limited but marketing write-offs aren't.  Not that I think the Cooks will hit that limit but why put it in place to begin with?

Regardless, the recipient will have to report income.

Some school will get busted providing an extra benefit…..a tax lawyer 😳

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think they will. Too much at stake not too IMO. Our AD can be notoriously slow to implement things so this unfortunately didn’t come as a shock that we didn’t have our shit together already. Pack is gone we already have another guard visiting today I believe. 

From what I have heard that a lot of Purdue grads don't stay around Indiana so is there that many rich Purdue grads that stays connected to the program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I have heard that a lot of Purdue grads don't stay around Indiana so is there that many rich Purdue grads that stays connected to the program.

Don’t think that’s really an issue IMO. Just need to get everyone on board is all. The money will be there if we decide to go all in. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think that’s really an issue IMO. Just need to get everyone on board is all. The money will be there if we decide to go all in. 

It just depends on how many of those donors are interested in sports enough to throw that kind of money around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, btownqb said:

I remember even worse reactions when we had Zeisloft transfer in. 

Ive said it many times the last few years, but ill say it again....this time a little louder for the old guys and the people in the back. I WOULD LOOOOOOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER ZIESLOFT!!!!!!   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Ive said it many times the last few years, but ill say it again....this time a little louder for the old guys and the people in the back. I WOULD LOOOOOOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER ZIESLOFT!!!!!!   

Did anyone think that when he transferred here, though? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did anyone think that when he transferred here, though? 

No, i believe the HSN scouting collective had him pegged as Matt Roth 2.0 ......which again, wouldnt piss me off to go with the team we have now. 

But your point is well made and i wasnt trying to disprove it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

 

All I can say is LOL

I'm not against NIL, but the repercussions are going to be interesting to monitor the next few years. 

Definitely upside with more guys staying in college, and we should experience upside for IU basketball, but I can see a lot of good coaches following guys like Jay Wright and Roy Williams in getting out of the business. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate Purdue like you all do, but if you're Matt Painter today you have to wonder why you're still doing this. 

Sure, some guys have always been getting paid, but not like this and not a guy like Pack. 

I would assume if this transfer had happened even as recently as two years ago, Pack would be at Purdue. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

QB for Canes Tyler Van Dyke got a BMW 750I as long as he's there.

Sorry though....$400k for Nijel Pack? I'm just curious how Ruiz is making this back on LifeWallet??

$400k a year lol. $800k if he stays both years. It’s absurd. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not against NIL, but the repercussions are going to be interesting to monitor the next few years. 

Definitely upside with more guys staying in college, and we should experience upside for IU basketball, but I can see a lot of good coaches following guys like Jay Wright and Roy Williams in getting out of the business. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate Purdue like you all do, but if you're Matt Painter today you have to wonder why you're still doing this. 

Sure, some guys have always been getting paid, but not like this and not a guy like Pack. 

I would assume if this transfer had happened even as recently as two years ago, Pack would be at Purdue. 

You hit the nail on the head. I could see Painter being like F this and retire earlier than he would’ve planned. If you take NIL out of the equation, Pack would be at Purdue with no questions asked IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not against NIL, but the repercussions are going to be interesting to monitor the next few years. 

Definitely upside with more guys staying in college, and we should experience upside for IU basketball, but I can see a lot of good coaches following guys like Jay Wright and Roy Williams in getting out of the business. 

Don't get me wrong, I hate Purdue like you all do, but if you're Matt Painter today you have to wonder why you're still doing this. 

Sure, some guys have always been getting paid, but not like this and not a guy like Pack. 

I would assume if this transfer had happened even as recently as two years ago, Pack would be at Purdue. 

If you believe something as much as Painter or Purdue does....you dig back in and go to work. Just like Knight did while owning College Hoops for better part of 20 years. When stuff like this happens...you dig deeper. Or you can just go the Blue Chips route but legally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

You hit the nail on the head. I could see Painter being like F this and retire earlier than he would’ve planned. If you take NIL out of the equation, Pack would be at Purdue with no questions asked IMO. 

Agree. I can't imagine Painter is long for staying in coaching at this point, unless he's able and willing to pivot Purdue into something like a Wisconsin model and remain winning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

No, i believe the HSN scouting collective had him pegged as Matt Roth 2.0 ......which again, wouldnt piss me off to go with the team we have now. 

But your point is well made and i wasnt trying to disprove it. 

You're good. I flipping love Zeis! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

And then there’s this quote… like come on Nijel we know that’s not why you picked Miami lol. It may have been a factor but it wasn’t the main reason or anything close to it. 
 

 

Well.. its certainly more true then your coach, in that regard.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If you believe something as much as Painter or Purdue does....you dig back in and go to work. Just like Knight did while owning College Hoops for better part of 20 years. When stuff like this happens...you dig deeper. Or you can just go the Blue Chips route but legally. 

Confused on what Bob Knight has to do with this?

Otherwise, you don't "dig in" if you don't have interest in digging in. Painter didn't just lose out on a 5* player to Duke. He lost an in-state Kansas St transfer to freaking Miami over an NIL deal. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...