MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CapnRon said:

I don't think it's necessary to call the man Naive or obtuse.  It's an insult.  You don't agree with him, leave it at that.

I made it a point once to not talk to people who insulted me.  Didn't talk to a soul for 5 months.  Nor my mother for 8 years.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I made it a point once to not talk to people who insulted me.  Didn't talk to a soul for 5 months.  Nor my mother for 8 years.

You too? Graduation day 1995. Took photo with Alan Henderson and one of my roommates on the field. That night we hit it pretty hard. Made a comment I didn't see coming. Next week I left for NYC and he left for Phoenix. 20+ years later not a word. Haha...

15 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yo mama so stupid she thinks Taco Bell is a mexican phone company. 

I thought Taco Bell was a recruiter of 5 star basketball talent in New Albany?

In Regards to MSU and Larry Nassar.  I just read an article, (see below) that MSU is paying $425 million to victims and is putting aside an additional $75 million for other potential victims who may come forward.  That is going to be a significant hit to the university.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-state-and-nassar-victims-reach-dollar500m-settlement/ar-AAxmWBH?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/16/michigan-state-larry-nassar-victims/615077002/

4 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

In Regards to MSU and Larry Nassar.  I just read an article, (see below) that MSU is paying $425 million to victims and is putting aside an additional $75 million for other potential victims who may come forward.  That is going to be a significant hit to the university.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/michigan-state-and-nassar-victims-reach-dollar500m-settlement/ar-AAxmWBH?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/05/16/michigan-state-larry-nassar-victims/615077002/

Wonder how much, if any, comes out of their 3 billion $ endowment?

Just now, cybergates said:

Just saw that. Would be a perfect time for a break. Get away from the grind of recruiting. I mean Izzo looks like he's aged about 30 years this past year. Maybe he brought it on himself (we'll find out) but some sunshine and fresh start might be what is best for all. 

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw that. Would be a perfect time for a break. Get away from the grind of recruiting. I mean Izzo looks like he's aged about 30 years this past year. Maybe he brought it on himself (we'll find out) but some sunshine and fresh start might be what is best for all. 

I don’t think it’s the grind of recruiting that he’s looking to get away from...

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around a thought that would have Izzo leaving MSU.... especially for an NBA team.  The guy is 65 years of age. Plus currently has a $5 million buyout.  I could see him retiring before moving on.... or taking time off to get out of the pressure cooker, ala Matta. 

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

Since I work with Aaron henry's father I should ask him his thoughts on these rumors.  I actually don't see Izzo leaving for the Orlando job unless he is getting to much heat at MSU.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since I work with Aaron henry's father I should ask him his thoughts on these rumors.  I actually don't see Izzo leaving for the Orlando job unless he is getting to much heat at MSU.

I don't think he'll end up leaving either, but it is a good time to "escape" to the NBA with what's going on at MSU and get a nice payday in a retirement state. He basically "retires" from MSU and mails it in for the Magic for a few years before retiring for real.

6 hours ago, rico said:

I think Izzy will go down with the ship, if it goes down at all.

MSU could be a colossal shipwreck, but it may not sink at all.

On the other hand, the SS Magic is a sinking ship no matter what.  Can't imagine anyone wanting to spend their senior years getting their tail whipped every night.

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't you tell us that Henry's dad said no way Romeo was going to IU?

Archived