MSU is in trouble

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Izzo and Dantonio should both lose their jobs. Honestly the entire athletic department should be burned to the ground and have to start from scratch. But I have no faith in the NCAA to handle this correctly. Hell, they basically walked back everything they did to Penn State. This will end in infuriating fashion, just like the UNC scandal did.

"Schaner had moved into Wonders Hall that weekend and attended an orientation meeting. Though she did not know who they were, she saw top basketball recruits Adreian Payne and Keith Appling during the orientation, but she did not speak to them. Later that evening, Schaner ran into them in the dorm's lobby and talked with them before she accepted an invitation to go back to their room, where the three started playing miniature basketball. The two men began taking their clothes off with each missed basket, but Schaner told police she refused to take off any more than her T-shirt, under which she was wearing a sports bra. She told police the two men ended up cornering her and turning off the lights. She told police she felt trapped and fearful of refusing their advances.

Appling, she told police, removed her underwear, and then the two men pulled her to the ground and started penetrating her vaginally, anally and orally. She told police that she said to the men, "I don't want it," "stop" and "don't."

In a video interview obtained by Outside the Lines, Payne told detectives that Schaner had indicated she wanted to leave.

According to a police report, Payne told officers that he could "understand how she would feel that she was not free to leave." Payne was concerned about her reaction to the circumstances and had even asked Appling to apologize to her, the report stated. Payne told officers that he had apologized to Schaner because "it seemed she felt that they 'disrespected' her." ESPN does not typically identify people who report acts of sexual violence, but Schaner sought to publicly reveal her identity.

Appling did not talk to detectives at the time, but he granted a phone interview with Outside the Lines late last year while he was in jail near Detroit serving time for a weapons charge."

"It was consensual," he says, adding that he never heard Schaner say "no" or "stop." "Had that been the case, I would have completely granted her her wishes. We're not even those type of guys. We wouldn't want anybody to feel uncomfortable around us."

I lost all respect for Izzo after this broke a few years ago... And I love the last statement by Appling, who did the interview from his prison cell.  "We're not even those types of guys"... What a damn idiot.

What has happened to society?! Men beating women on a daily basis like it's nothing. My parents would have been the living $hit out of me had I ever disrespected a woman.

17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Izzo and Dantonio should both lose their jobs. Honestly the entire athletic department should be burned to the ground and have to start from scratch. But I have no faith in the NCAA to handle this correctly. Hell, they basically walked back everything they did to Penn State. This will end in infuriating fashion, just like the UNC scandal did.

Think this will be more like Baylor. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Good. The whole “family atmosphere” crap that Izzo spewed was and is complete garbage. 

Agreed 100%. Izzo's a complete dirtbag.

I don't see how any MSU fan can stand behind that. If Archie pulled crap like that, I'd want his ass out of IU.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder what Crean will have to say about this.  Izzo is like a brother to him.

And if this does come to fruition would MSU consider hiring Crean?

I would say, for our sake, let's hope so. But would Crean want to take over a second dumpster fire?  

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

I would say, for our sake, let's hope so. But would Crean want to take over a second dumpster fire?  

It's the only way he will get another big time job IMO. He could get an NC State level job probably now, but a program like MSU or UL won't hire him unless they have to. 

Archived