Romeo Langford

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've watched a lot of highlights of Hunter and I could definitely see him starting at the 3 eventually.  Mcbob may get the nod at the beginning of the year but Hunter has as much potential as anyone on the roster not named Romeo.  I highly doubt he's here 4 years.

I would agree. He won't start on potential though.. his defense and ball handling/decision making have to be there. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Re posts above about Cody) 

The other thing with Cody is that he came to IU rail thin, he was expected to take a year or 2 to be physically ready to impact the game, but he put on 25 pounds of muscle over the summer in IU’s summer training program and came out of the gates better than projected 

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

While Cody hasn't gone all Oladipo on the NBA, he's proven way better at that level than Teague or Dawson. Just goes to show how valid those rankings were.  At least the Mr. Basketball people got it right.

Without a doubt. 

9 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Can anyone actually confirm that this was Archie after he heard the news? For some reason I feel like I've seen this picture before, maybe not too long after he was hired.

I don't know if anyone follow Landof10.com, but the best photo they could find for the Romeo announcement was one with his head half-way cut out of the picture.

https://www.landof10.com/indiana/romeo-langford-indiana-basketball-recruit-bio-commit

8 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Can anyone actually confirm that this was Archie after he heard the news? For some reason I feel like I've seen this picture before, maybe not too long after he was hired.

I can’t say definitively, but I’m pretty sure that picture is just a meme more than how he actually reacted. From my understanding he was recruiting a player and eating at Little Zagreb’s when the announcement happened. 

Gary Parrish just posted this. 23 players who were 4 or 5 star recruits from the State of Indiana over the last 5 years and IU got 1. Archie has 3 in year 1. Shows me the coaches in this state want to send their kids to Bloomington.

I like/liked Crean. Will cheer for him to do well....but was the relationship between Crean and state coaches that toxic?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Bottom line, if Hunter can play according to his rank or a little above and Green wakes up we're going to be VERY good. 

This is what has me nervous for expectations getting too out of whack because of Romeo. We’re still very thin in the backcourt. Our most experienced returning guards are Devonte Green and Al Durham. I still really wish we had a 5th year transfer guard coming in. Green is really the key to so much of next season. If he can play that he did during that 3 to 4 week stretch in early Feb, then the sky is the limit for this team. Big if though. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is what has me nervous for expectations getting too out of whack because of Romeo. We’re still very thin in the backcourt. Our most experienced returning guards are Devonte Green and Al Durham. I still really wish we had a 5th year transfer guard coming in. Green is really the key to so much of next season. If he can play that he did during that 3 to 4 week stretch in early Feb, then the sky is the limit for this team. Big if though. 

We should be a top 25ish team based on the flaws we know of now.  If the PG question gets answered in a favorable way, that is when we maybe start talking of more.  

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gary Parrish just posted this. 23 players who were 4 or 5 star recruits from the State of Indiana over the last 5 years and IU got 1. Archie has 3 in year 1. Shows me the coaches in this state want to send their kids to Bloomington.

I like/liked Crean. Will cheer for him to do well....but was the relationship between Crean and state coaches that toxic?

remember this number is some what inflated because of La Lum players. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

remember this number is some what inflated because of La Lum players. 

Got it...forgot about them. So assuming they've had maybe 7 or 8? Just guessing. Numbers still paint a picture I guess I just refused to accept. 

23 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Just crunched the numbers, taking out La Lu. 15 players ranked 4 or 5 stars. Crean landed one (JBJ).

Wow. 1 of 15 and the 1 was 50/50. Trust me I loved Bryant, RoJo, Troy, OG, Morgan,etc....but no way we should ever be batting less than 7% in this state. Never. 

9 hours ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Romeo often had big games or vicious dunks when wearing his red sleeve. Fans in New Albany took notice and began using a #RedSleeveRo whenever they posted videos/pics of those games. The videographer that followed him all year, Frankie Vision, also used the hashtag often. I guess dad was telling the NA fans that we haven't seen the last of #RedSleeveRo. 

Thank you for this. Good stuff. I can hear a "Red-Sleeve-Ro" chant bouncing off the walls of Assembly Hall.

9 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Love it. People always talking about the fear of IU fan backlash and how Romeo should be concerned for his safety but low and behold, a television personality with a large following chastising a high school kid for doing what's best for him.  

294557114_ScreenShot2018-04-30at11_59_30PM.png.30104541545873ed04393041c7a3ed45.png

Looks like he went to Vandy, so it's a homer thing, but Skip Bayless is absolutely terrible and this is in line with his other nonsense. Vandy wouldn't have contended for a national championship next season with Romeo, not even close.

2 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

Maybe I never noticed it when I was younger, or maybe because it wasn't there, but it's baffling to me how much the national guys seemingly abhor the thought of Indiana getting back to ELITE blue blood status and winning a couple of championships. No question this program has been in the wilderness MUCH LONGER than we should have been, but even the thought of Indiana becoming dominant seems to make the national guys' skin crawl. 

RMK had/has a lot to do with that.

3 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Looks like he went to Vandy, so it's a homer thing, but Skip Bayless is absolutely terrible and this is in line with his other nonsense. Vandy wouldn't have contended for a national championship next season with Romeo, not even close.

My goodness, I new Skip was an idiot, but WOW.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I agree with you. But I'll propose this.....

Maybe Archie knows something we don't. Maybe he's gotten an "all-in" commitment from Devonte...he has gotten rave reviews about his spring workouts. Durham, Race and DG have been the standouts this spring. I think if we saw big jumps from Devonte and Al, no one would be surprised.

I say this, 1, because DG and AD have been 2 of the top 3 standouts in the spring, and 2, because I feel if Archie thought we were in trouble at guard, then he would have been a little more hot on some grad transfers or JUCOs...but seemingly, he wasn't. Don't think he even offered one.

12 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I agree with you. But I'll propose this.....

Maybe Archie knows something we don't. Maybe he's gotten an "all-in" commitment from Devonte...he has gotten rave reviews about his spring workouts. Durham, Race and DG have been the standouts this spring. I think if we saw big jumps from Devonte and Al, no one would be surprised.

I say this, 1, because DG and AD have been 2 of the top 3 standouts in the spring, and 2, because I feel if Archie thought we were in trouble at guard, then he would have been a little more hot on some grad transfers or JUCOs...but seemingly, he wasn't. Don't think he even offered one.

3........maybe Archie has some sort of "back-up" plan?  

Archived