Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all I could find. Duke is certainly ahead of Kansas, but only 1 or 2 spots.

By AP on 3/29/2017 (Best program of all time)

image.png.18cd66b9bb9d67bde5e6956b018ce0f6.png

By Sporting News (Best program since 2010)

1. UK

2. Duke

3. Kansas

4. UNC

5. Villanova

6. UConn

By Bleacher

1. Kentucky Wildcats. 
  2. UCLA Bruins. 
  3. North Carolina Tar Heels. 
  4. Duke Blue Devils. 
  5. Kansas Jayhawks.
  6. Indiana Hoosiers. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How aren't they? National championships?

A(meaning one) step, I'd buy it.  Duke is in a more TV-friendly time zone and arguably is in a more attractive physical setting. 

But....

14 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

In the last 15 years

Duke
2 NC’s, 3 FF, 5 elite 8, 11 sweet 16s

Kansas
1 NC, 3 FF, 8 elite 8, 10 sweet 16s.

That pretty much speaks for itself.  Their results are pretty damn close. 

10 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A(meaning one) step, I'd buy it.  Duke is in a more TV-friendly time zone and arguably is in a more attractive physical setting. 

But....

That pretty much speaks for itself.  Their results are pretty damn close. 

Fair. I think in eyes of recruits it's a little more, you're right the results are close. 

2 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

Side note.  Anthony Davis's embrace with "World Wide Wes" after the 2012 national championship game is when amateur college basketball died in my mind for good. 

Consider yourself lucky. Amateur basketball died for me with Fab 5. Haha

Since we all get to speculate my opinion is all of college basketball is dirty...some filthy some just a couple grass stains but it’s all dirty. Do I think Coach K is getting down and calling people to get his kids taken care of...hell no...do I think like Wooden he turns a blind eye to all it...sure. Only desperate or dumb coaches get involved directly with the money men.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Since we all get to speculate my opinion is all of college basketball is dirty...some filthy some just a couple grass stains but it’s all dirty. Do I think Coach K is getting down and calling people to get his kids taken care of...hell no...do I think like Wooden he turns a blind eye to all it...sure. Only desperate or dumb coaches get involved directly with the money men.

I coached AAU in the mid 90's and was part of the Nike Family so to speak. Our team was made up of all D2 players and Nike gave us a $50,000 check and told us to spend it how we needed to.... Also each player got all the Nike gear shoes bags etc that they could ever want and we were told wink wink to be sure and collect all of it after season.  We had kids that had never left the state of Indiana and for the month of July we were out of state the whole time flying to Vegas. San Diego Orlando and some of these kids did not have a dime and never had to spend one. I just coached one of the teams and did not handle any of the other stuff but let me tell you no one did without. 

If that is what these guys have access to I can't even begin to imagine what the 5 stars guys are getting. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not by much? KU has one title in the last like forever... how many does Duke have? 

Why wouldn't it make sense to go to Duke, great education, closer to home, better team, much better chance to win a NC...  

Kansas was preseason number 1, without Zion. Duke was preseason number 5 with him. 

It was hard to watch the McD AA game. So much talk about the advantages of the top players going together to one place to be a super team. Said Zion wouldn’t be the top pick had he gone to Clemson. Having great players together helps hide individual weakness. Even mentioned Romeo as an example. Said players should really consider whether following their heart is the best business decision. If that’s prevailing opinion, then you’ll have 2 to 3 super teams each year and no one else can compete 

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It was hard to watch the McD AA game. So much talk about the advantages of the top players going together to one place to be a super team. Said Zion wouldn’t be the top pick had he gone to Clemson. Having great players together helps hide individual weakness. Even mentioned Romeo as an example. Said players should really consider whether following their heart is the best business decision. If that’s prevailing opinion, then you’ll have 2 to 3 super teams each year and no one else can compete 

Man, I'd like to kick the guy in the nads for saying that.  Has he heard of a kid named Ja Morant?

What about Ben Simmons or Trae Young?

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man, I'd like to kick the guy in the nads for saying that.  Has he heard of a kid named Ja Morant?

What about Ben Simmons or Trae Young?

They did mention how it was good of Trae to go to a place that needed him and his scoring as badly as Oklahoma. They made the counter arguement but it’s ESPN and they were definitely for the top players attending a few schools.

5 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

They did mention how it was good of Trae to go to a place that needed him and his scoring as badly as Oklahoma. They made the counter arguement but it’s ESPN and they were definitely for the top players attending a few schools.

...especially if those teams have a lot of their games on...ESPN.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...especially if those teams have a lot of their games on...ESPN.

No doubt...man why can't FOXS1 do a special on Indiana? I mean Duke and UK sell advertisements for ESPN but the fact they get to use it as recruiting platform for them...makes me sick. Let's work out a deal with FOX to show our behind the scenes coaching. Make it happen Archie!!! Promote Indiana Basketball!

19 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Yes and they said as a point guard, Trey was able to call his own number a lot

This isn't the thread for it, but speaking of the McDonald's Game, have we had less excitement for an in-coming McDonald's AA than we do for TJD? I remember in years past having what amounted to game threads when guys were in the McDonald's Game. Hardly a peep about it and how TJD looked on here. 

With every other recent Burger Boy I made sure to watch the game. I didn't even know it was on last night. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This isn't the thread for it, but speaking of the McDonald's Game, have we had less excitement for an in-coming McDonald's AA than we do for TJD? I remember in years past having what amounted to game threads when guys were in the McDonald's Game. Hardly a peep about it and how TJD looked on here. 

With every other recent Burger Boy I made sure to watch the game. I didn't even know it was on last night. 

I used to always watch that game and lately since it’s rhe Duke UK game I don’t watch.

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

TJD had a couple of nice dunks, but you just can't tell much from a game like that. Just up and down freestyle, guys pulling up for 30 foot 3s.

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It would be nice if the mods kept up with things like this....:coffee:

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

TJD had a couple of nice dunks, but you just can't tell much from a game like that. Just up and down freestyle, guys pulling up for 30 foot 3s.

I know, but there was always excitement around it for guys in the past, even bigs like Zeller, Vonleh and Bryant who wouldn’t really thrive in the setting. Just seems like not a ton of excitment around him for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I know, but there was always excitement around it for guys in the past, even bigs like Zeller, Vonleh and Bryant who wouldn’t really thrive in the setting. Just seems like not a ton of excitment around him for some reason. 

Bad season fatigue, maybe?  I really have no idea. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Zion would have been the top pick at any remotely major program. He's the most NBA ready freshman in a long damn time.

I am ABSOLUTELY convinced that most top guys want to be one of only 2 or so main guys on a team. The ONLY reasons these super teams form is because of a rare unity of guys in the AAU circuit that want to go together (every now and then), OR someone is paying. Sorry it isn’t happening on a consistent basis without other payments involved.

Archived