Trendon Watford Commits to LSU

Hoosierhoopster

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd say either one. 

Memphis looked pretty thin on size this past year, and are graduating two 6'8" forwards.  They have a 7-footer and a 6'7" forward that looks more like a wing coming in.  (Take that for what it's worth.  I didn't watch Memphis at all this past year, and just glanced at their incoming recruits.)

Not many people watched Memphis.  Something to think about when considering a players national exposure. I'd rather Trendon go to Bama, if it's not us, so I can follow his career easier.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that. My biggest concern is that he doesn’t want to take a visit to refresh his memory. Even if I had been to a place several times, I still would visit one more time if it was for a decision as big as this.

11 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Just want to say don't beleive what you hear.  Here is a video from. Christian Watford saying Archie is going to do great things and he is definitely recruiting us real hard.  Watch first video?  https://www.cameo.com/cwat205

All the info of not recruiting is wrong.  

14 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Thanks for that. My biggest concern is that he doesn’t want to take a visit to refresh his memory. Even if I had been to a place several times, I still would visit one more time if it was for a decision as big as this.

Like I heard and reported on here ( not heard since it was a text I did not hear but actually read it  ,dont want to get called out for saying I heard something that I did not hear) that if he visited the emotional pick would be us. Some have been saying for a while this is not dead. We did not prioritize TW in ways that others did.long shot probably still in the mix yes

57 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Like I heard and reported on here ( not heard since it was a text I did not hear but actually read it  ,dont want to get called out for saying I heard something that I did not hear) that if he visited the emotional pick would be us. Some have been saying for a while this is not dead. We did not prioritize TW in ways that others did.long shot probably still in the mix yes

Yea,dont say you "heard"...some get out of sorts on here...next time im going to say I read somebody's lips.

3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Yea,dont say you "heard"...some get out of sorts on here...next time im going to say I read somebody's lips.

Hey, my intention was not to have this reaction.  My intention was to post a video with one of the actual stakeholder to fill everyone in with what is happening.  

I'm sure there is alot of good info out there.  I know Archie and his staff are very tight lipped and there is not alot of concrete info unless the recruit himself shares.  The video is concrete information.  

I also beleive that what others hear has legs many times and appreciate that info.

17 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Hey, my intention was not to have this reaction.  My intention was to post a video with one of the actual stakeholder to fill everyone in with what is happening.  

I'm sure there is alot of good info out there.  I know Archie and his staff are very tight lipped and there is not alot of concrete info unless the recruit himself shares.  The video is concrete information.  

Not directed at you

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

To me it is super easy to see the roll that Trendon would fill. Look at Juwan...that is you...and you have more upside with your shot etc...you could be featured in our offense. Hunter fills the Romeo roll and Trendon the Morgan one. Long shot but would be nice!

You've been in Kentucky too long and it's starting to rub off...it's "role".:P

...but yes...it's fun to imagine another Watford playing in Bloomington even if it is a long shot.  Watfords are good at those.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol my lane. You posted something an hour after it had been on Twitter. Puhhhleaseee. 

Internet tough guy, I guess. 

Whats your point...i guess i will just verify everything thur you before posting it,or better yet i will just get a twitter account so I can be like you...Internet tough guy????

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have not heard most of the info passed along to me as it comes via email or text I better be careful about how I phrase things moving forward.

You'll have to talk like a mob boss: "It's been brought to my attention that...."

"How'd you know that?"

"Fuggetaboutit."

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You'll have to talk like a mob boss: "It's been brought to my attention that...."

"How'd you know that?"

"Fuggetaboutit."

Certain words just bring up funny stories. 

I will preface this with my son has a 3.95 GPA studying to be a Dr and will have completed his undergrad in 3 years. Makes it even more funny.  We went to a restaurant that had a burger named the Fuggetaboutit Burger, and when he ordered it he called it a Fudge About It Burger. The look on the waitress face was priceless and I did a real life coke come out my nose laugh and every time we go there Ayden always brings it up .  The things kids say. 

Most recent info that I have "heard/read via email is that IU does check more boxes than any other school interested in TW. CAM is a coach they trust as a family and CW likes what is being "built" here.  his goals are to win a lot of college games, develop as a complete player and to position himself for the NBA. The family is not pushing any school so to speak but keep saying that they are fine with him going to IU. Things to watch are the new hire at Bama, Kira Lewis and who pursues him and if we make a trip to see him. IU could easily find them self as the choice by default. Wanting to create his own legacy and not picking from pure emotion has kept us on the fringe of this recruitment but we could easily become front and center. I am getting that he does not want to be anyones backup plan and that is how he has felt from us and if we can and want to show that is and was not the case we have an outside shot.  Memphis is in lead LSU in limbo but not out of it. Bama will go hard for him. It will be interesting to see if we are serious about TW or just a formality.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Most recent info that I have "heard/read via email is that IU does check more boxes than any other school interested in TW. CAM is a coach they trust as a family and CW likes what is being "built" here.  his goals are to win a lot of college games, develop as a complete player and to position himself for the NBA. The family is not pushing any school so to speak but keep saying that they are fine with him going to IU. Things to watch are the new hire at Bama, Kira Lewis and who pursues him and if we make a trip to see him. IU could easily find them self as the choice by default. Wanting to create his own legacy and not picking from pure emotion has kept us on the fringe of this recruitment but we could easily become front and center. I am getting that he does not want to be anyones backup plan and that is how he has felt from us and if we can and want to show that is and was not the case we have an outside shot.  Memphis is in lead LSU in limbo but not out of it. Bama will go hard for him. It will be interesting to see if we are serious about TW or just a formality.

Given all that has transpired, we could be in worse places.  Now, can we make the most of the opportunity?

Archived