FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, cybergates said:

So Nike's play is hoping that Avenatti's arrest keeps him from releasing his damning info and/or discredits said info?

That’s what it looks like. Avanetti looks really bad now so anything he says may just be glossed over. 

5 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

That’s what it looks like. Avanetti looks really bad now so anything he says may just be glossed over. 

Smart move by Nike to claim extortion attempt.  Knowing that fool, there's likely some truth to it...dumb move on his part.  He's absolutely the wrong messenger and Nike used that against him is my guess.  That being said, I hope if he really did have the dirt that it gets out in the public eye where it deserves to be.

This whole Avenatti thing is bizarre.  Having him inserted into this is like an SNL skit where they combine two separate stories.   I don't know how he got involved, but perhaps a whistleblower approached him.

Now, you have the FBI arresting him. 

I'd be surprised if the FBI didn't have an open investigation on Nike that's under wraps.  The corruption seems to be too ingrained into the culture for the FBI to think this is limited to Adidas.

If the FBI is investigating, I wonder if they will go to a judge under seal to muzzle Avenatti.

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This whole Avenatti thing is bizarre.  Having him inserted into this is like an SNL skit where they combine two separate stories.   I don't know how he got involved, but perhaps a whistleblower approached him.

Now, you have the FBI arresting him. 

I'd be surprised if the FBI didn't have an open investigation on Nike that's under wraps.  The corruption seems to be too ingrained into the culture for the FBI to think this is limited to Adidas.

If the FBI is investigating, I wonder if they will go to a judge under seal to muzzle Avenatti.

One would think the FBI will get the information from Avenatti and pursue or do an investigation.  The FBI could use reduced charges for Avenatti IF he provides accurate information that leads to illegal doings with Nike. 

Should have known as crazy as this scandal is getting, eventually, Avenatti would get inserted into the story somehow.  You'd think by now he would have learned his lesson about chasing after stuff that's frankly, out of his league.  I guess he took inventory of where he was, saw things were not looking good and tried to take one more swing at the fences to bail himself out of the financial mess he's in.

Michael Avenatti in one picture:

5a9ecdfdab7ba_dumpsterfire.jpg.bb1c1940294954551940374a99a16fae.jpg

Archived