FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think they'd have to get a benefit or sign an agreement, could be wrong. 

I think this is likely a bad connection, but I don't think anything will come of it. They have wire taps and hard evidence of the other things, this would be from before the investigation and would not be as easy to prove. 

Why should Sean be fired?

He said these head coaches would hire these assistants knowing the connections they would have for recruiting, that that's why you hire "recruiters". So if these assistants had iffy connections the head coach i.e. Sean would know that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

He said these head coaches would hire these assistants knowing the connections they would have for recruiting, that that's why you hire "recruiters". So if these assistants had iffy connections the head coach i.e. Sean would know that.

So what about Kenny Johnson working for/recruiting for Crean? If what Dakich is saying is true, then how can anyone definitively say Crean was squeaky clean? I'm not bashing Crean or making this thread about him. Just concerned that once all these people start talking, some old dirt on IU could come up. 

1 minute ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

So what about Kenny Johnson working for/recruiting for Crean? If what Dakich is saying is true, then how can anyone definitively say Crean was squeaky clean? I'm not bashing Crean or making this thread about him. Just concerned that once all these people start talking, some old dirt on IU could come up. 

I hope he didn't pay for Troy.....That's some expensive turnovers lol

32 minutes ago, newhavenwarford said:

Who knows Vitale could of even received cash from adidas and nike just to promote player a or player b on national tv to get there names out there....who knows with how dirty college sports are

It wouldn't surprise me and I don't like it, but that's a whole lot different than taking money from Adidas as a payment to influence the decision of a kid who trusts that you're looking out for his best interests.

Vitale and Dakich are typical media hypocrites.  Wasn't Vitale just shilling for Pitino after the punishment for the hookers came down?  But now he's "disgusted."  And why didn't Dan advocate for his own firing after the Sampson mess?  Everyone should be held accountable, except for him.

As for Miller, Richardson has worked under him for a decade.  There's almost no way Sean could have been unaware of what he was doing, at least as it related to paying recruits to come to Arizona.

2 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

Crean would have to be a fool to play dirty after the rebuild job he went Thur with Indiana...keep in mind it was kinda of a surprise when Johnson left..I believe he got a substantial raise at Louisville 

16 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

That was my first thought when he said that!

Dear Mr. Pitino, who was the head coach at Louisville, a position that is responsible for the culture and atmosphere and the Louisville basketball "way," an environment that still wasn't cleaned up after the hookergate?  After hookergate, did the head coach make clear what the culture would be going forward and that any improper behavior would not be tolerated?  That is the best case scenario for Pitino, that he is a dimwit who did not set up a good culture but did not know about illicit activity.  More realistically, the guy who was entangled with Karen Sypher knew all of this.    He's a thug.  

End of argument.

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.a080de59076ad2b61e37073824a55882.png

First off, let me say that I don't believe Crean cheats.   I think his inability to get Top 20 recruits reflects that.  

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I think Adidas played a hand in moving Kenny Johnson to Louisville because Kenny couldn't do what they wanted him to do at IU because of Crean.  That barrier obviously did not exist at Louisville.

That said, Crean to UL can't work for a number of reasons.  First and foremost is that whether he was allowed to cheat at IU or not, the fact is that Kenny Johnson worked for him and there is a relationship there that Crean can't make go away.

Look at it this way.  Would we have been okay with IU hiring someone that was affiliated with Sampson even though that person had never been accused of wrongdoing?  IU could not afford to have made such a hire.  It would have been a PR nightmare.  UL is in the same boat here.  

28 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Crean would have to be a fool to play dirty after the rebuild job he went Thur with Indiana...keep in mind it was kinda of a surprise when Johnson left..I believe he got a substantial raise at Louisville 

Agree and I think one of the determining factors of Kenny going to UofL was that they would play ball and Indiana wouldn't.  One of the most glaring issues I have with this outside the obvious is that essentially Adidas, our athletic sponsor, was competitively working against us by these actions.  That straight up pisses me off as of fan of IU. 

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

First off, let me say that I don't believe Crean cheats.   I think his inability to get Top 20 recruits reflects that.  

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I think Adidas played a hand in moving Kenny Johnson to Louisville because Kenny couldn't do what they wanted him to do at IU because of Crean.  That barrier obviously did not exist at Louisville.

That said, Crean to UL can't work for a number of reasons.  First and foremost is that whether he was allowed to cheat at IU or not, the fact is that Kenny Johnson worked for him and there is a relationship there that Crean can't make go away.

Look at it this way.  Would we have been okay with IU hiring someone that was affiliated with Sampson even though that person had never been accused of wrongdoing?  IU could not afford to have made such a hire.  It would have been a PR nightmare.  UL is in the same boat here.  

Just missed this while I was typing.  Couldn't agree more and this is further supporting evidence that Pitino and his lack of control created the environment that brought him down.

It will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out.  Louisville and Arizona can't be the only big name schools with their wallets open.  Does anyone seriously think that UK, Duke, Kansas, etc. can land the number of Top ten talents they do when they are competing with 6 figure payoffs from other schools?  Anyone with any brains and their head not in the sand can see that.

College basketball needs to be torn down to its foundation and rebuilt. 

8 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Agree and I think one of the determining factors of Kenny going to UofL was that they would play ball and Indiana wouldn't.  One of the most glaring issues I have with this outside the obvious is that essentially Adidas, our athletic sponsor, was competitively working against us by these actions.  That straight up pisses me off as of fan of IU. 

Damn... that really pisses me off too. I hadn’t thought about this from that angle. I don’t think Nike or UA are gonna come out clean in all of this either, but I’m more ready than ever to drop Adidas at this point. 

38 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to whoever tagged Not only Pitino, but Williams and Calipari in this thread...well played!

I added those tags when I first posted the thread yesterday morning, before any names were even released.  Figured there was a good chance they would be applicable, haha.  I'm 1/3 so far, let's see if I can go 3/3 by the time this is all over...

Archived