FBI Arrests Coaches in Corruption Scandal

FW_Hoosier

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Troy Williams liked this post and his Agent is one thats in trouble.....hmmmmm

I'm nervous about anyone that was recruited by Kenny Johnson. I believe Crean was clean, but I am not so sure about KJ. I think it's a little premature for any fan base to celebrate. I keep hearing that Kenny Johnson was at IU before this investigation started so we should be fine. Then I am reading comments about UK should be in trouble for Davis, Cousins, and Wall. Well, they were all at UK before 2015. If you think UK is going down for any of those players, then I don't know how you can be so sure that IU is in the clear because Williams and Vonleh happened before 2015.

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont like Doyle, but this is good.

So where was Doyle for years, when everyone and his brother and sister on this board and so many other fan boards were talking about the corruption going on in college basketball ? He could have started with Derrick Rose, and World Wide Wes.   Instead of doing his own investigative  reporting, he is now dishing the NCAA !   Unbelievable. Yeah, I don't like Doyle, either. 

19 minutes ago, Sagamore said:

Good article, but I am a little bothered that if all these sports writing types know what was going on, why did they not write about itHa

Ha Ha.  I posted the same thing about Doyle, while you were posting.  Agreed. Where were they when all the fan boards like HSN.03 were talking for years about this ?

38 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont like Doyle, but this is good.

Purdue only gets $2 million /year from Nike    [ Can we get the ROTFLMAO emoji? ]

Rick Pitino himself gets more than that from Addidas- https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/29/louisville-rick-pitino-adidas-contract-national-championship-coach-salary-database/99744558/

6 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

I'm nervous about anyone that was recruited by Kenny Johnson. I believe Crean was clean, but I am not so sure about KJ. I think it's a little premature for any fan base to celebrate. I keep hearing that Kenny Johnson was at IU before this investigation started so we should be fine. Then I am reading comments about UK should be in trouble for Davis, Cousins, and Wall. Well, they were all at UK before 2015. If you think UK is going down for any of those players, then I don't know how you can be so sure that IU is in the clear because Williams and Vonleh happened before 2015.

Davis Cousins and Wall are three early in Calipari's tenure that I believe were paid and yes, I think UK should get the book thrown at them if even one payment is proven.  That being said, I don't know how far back the FBI will go with this, which is why some are saying IU may be OK even if KJ was not.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they dig until they exhaust all leads, going back many years, so no...I don't know that IU is in the clear just because of when the investigation started.

That being said, just because KJ likely misbehaved at U of L does not necessarily mean that he did it at IU.  Tone starts at the top and if Crean said "we're gonna do this right" but Pitino told Kenny "do what you have to do", it's entirely possible that KJ behaved in two very different manners depending on what school he was representing.  Assistants generally reflect the expectations of the coaches that hire them, despite what Slick Rick says.

What are the odds Pitino gets arrested?

The FBI was well aware of him but did not arrest him with the first group. He obviously didn't turn himself in to the tip line.

If he does get arrested, seeing his connections with Addidas ($2M+/yr income, the biggest d-ck there, etc), does he turn on them or keep his mouth shut (he is Italian) like Myron Piggie and retire in jail? 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The FBI was well aware of him but did not arrest him with the first group. He obviously didn't turn himself in to the tip line.

If he does get arrested, seeing his connections with Addidas ($2M+/yr income, the biggest d-ck there, etc), does he turn on them or keep his mouth shut (he is Italian) like Myron Piggie and retire in jail? 

I think Slick Rick would sing like a canary!

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

All good questions. I need to go back and read if they had this on tape. Maybe they didnt.

Archived