Khristian Lander Commits to Indiana

On 10/17/2019 at 11:57 PM, dgambill said:

I don’t think any players affect Lander. We already have half his AAU team here. It will be which coaches and programs he thinks fits him best. If they land a 5* pg maybe push him away but in the end it’s going to come down to if he believes in Archie. One thing to remember is Howard is a big man coach...Archie a pg coach...I think that is advantage IU.

I agree with that completely.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lander Has a good shot but defensively looked aloof in this game and also he hardly penetrated in this scrimmage stayed  around the 3pt line . Granted  this is against college players but he looked overmatched a little bit did not look like 5 star player but otherwise like his game good passing vision but he seems more of a two to three year player in my honest opinion.

1 hour ago, Calihoosier said:

lander Has a good shot but defensively looked aloof in this game and also he hardly penetrated in this scrimmage stayed  around the 3pt line . Granted  this is against college players but he looked overmatched a little bit did not look like 5 star player but otherwise like his game good passing vision but he seems more of a two to three year player in my honest opinion.

He is only a junior in high school...so sure he is over matched driving into the bigs but remember UL wanted him to reclassify into next year. He is going to start right away and is definitely a 5*.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is only a junior in high school...so sure he is over matched driving into the bigs but remember UL wanted him to reclassify into next year. He is going to start right away and is definitely a 5*.

I thought he had a few impressive moves that back to back step back and then fadeaway was nice. They didn't let him handle the ball though.

I will say that Scrubb aint no scrub. 

13 hours ago, Calihoosier said:

So, was this an open scrimmage? Who released the video? 

Recruits can’t walk across the floor at HH, but OK to appear in a team scrimmage at L’Ville?

39 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Recruits can’t walk across the floor at HH, but OK to appear in a team scrimmage at L’Ville?

I'm pretty sure it was open as you can see people there with their babies and such. I had posted this same video right after the visit a couple weeks ago but it got lost in a bunch of high heeled shoe posts....go figure lol. The guy is Frank Ward. He goes around shooting lots of stuff like this and puts together highlight clips etc. He more likely was there to shoot Jay Scrubb who is a huge juco recruit UL landed. Frank is I believe based out of the Louisville region I think he went to college there for a short time. Frank kinda got notoriety starting on Romeo a couple years ago and now he has put together highlight stuff on a ton of players on his youtube channel. But I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know of Lander until after the scrimmage had been going because he had only had a bunch of stuff on Scrubb before this.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/05/01/romeo-langfords-decision-chronicled-frankie-visions-highlights/567919002/

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They have open runs through out the off season....uofl players will tweet out the location so fans can attend....coaches can't be there...

20 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

They have open runs through out the off season....uofl players will tweet out the location so fans can attend....coaches can't be there...

Man I’d say IU hoops should do this but I couldn’t blame the players for not wanting to deal with the swarms of people that would show. 

1 hour ago, JcityHoosier said:

Well I’m relieved to learn that coaches aren’t involved and that the potential recruits are just wandering in randomly off the street 

:coffee:

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am pretty sure I have heard recruits while on visits playing pickup with the team at IU as well.

True but I think an open session with video makes it different as far as recruiting. It becomes promotional, even if Louisville isn’t distributing the video. They have to know 

49 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

True but I think an open session with video makes it different as far as recruiting. It becomes promotional, even if Louisville isn’t distributing the video. They have to know 

You didn’t see the videos of Trayce and Brunk going one on one with Trey Kaufman??

41 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nope, no way.  I dont care how much evidence there is.....deny, deny, deny.  Die with the lie.  If you say it didnt happen, the NCAA will be like "Oh, ok.  You didn't bring in a buffet of hookers or have a coach try to buy recruits over the phone like it was the Sears catalog even tho we have video and audio recordings of you doing so?  Perfect!! Carry on. 👍👍"

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm pretty sure it was open as you can see people there with their babies and such. I had posted this same video right after the visit a couple weeks ago but it got lost in a bunch of high heeled shoe posts....go figure lol. The guy is Frank Ward. He goes around shooting lots of stuff like this and puts together highlight clips etc. He more likely was there to shoot Jay Scrubb who is a huge juco recruit UL landed. Frank is I believe based out of the Louisville region I think he went to college there for a short time. Frank kinda got notoriety starting on Romeo a couple years ago and now he has put together highlight stuff on a ton of players on his youtube channel. But I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know of Lander until after the scrimmage had been going because he had only had a bunch of stuff on Scrubb before this.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2018/05/01/romeo-langfords-decision-chronicled-frankie-visions-highlights/567919002/

He is a dirtbag who spent alot of Twitter time bashing CAM on how Romeo was being used.

1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

He is a dirtbag who spent alot of Twitter time bashing CAM on how Romeo was being used.

Oh...no doubt I don't know the guy..just this is the stuff he does to make money instead of working at McDonalds. Just because he played a little ball back in the day doesn't make him an expert.

1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

During his official visit.

What does that have to do with anything. Whether it was official or unofficial the kid jumped into a pick up game with the players. We do that stuff too. Just because some recorded it that has nothing to do with the university etc doesn't make it wrong. Like I said we have videos of our recruits playing with our guys too. Nothing wrong. I know UL cheats but this is harmless.

So just for kicks and giggles I went to the rivals board, which was a mistake on my part, but anyway. A poster over there who I won’t name but claims to know people on the inside has said the Lander to U of L is a done deal then a few pages later he states he got a text today saying IU is out but Michigan is still in it. Quite comical. 

Just now, IUskim said:

So just for kicks and giggles I went to the rivals board, which was a mistake on my part, but anyway. A poster over there who I won’t name but claims to know people on the inside has said the Lander to U of L is a done deal then a few pages later he states he got a text today saying IU is out but Michigan is still in it. Quite comical. 

Well that has to be Fepauh or what ever his name is and remember he was the one that said Donovan and his wife was in town looking at houses.

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

You're talking about fpeaugh.  He's the President of the UK fan club.  Please ignore him.

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

Can’t figure out why anyone would spend time on Peegs forum. Got everything I could want here on HSN! Thanks for all who contribute. 

Also, Lander will be a Hoosier!

Archived