Ohio State troubles

rico

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Being a Canes fan since age 9 we always knew the stuff Urban did up at Gainesville. Nothing new. Rest of the country is just finding out. 

I have liked the Canes as a secondary school myself.  I like how edgy and electric they were for a good 20 year period.  College football would benefit from them returning to the top, IMO.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may have already been covered, but it is fairly obvious that urban Meyers would win the lottery if he went and bought a ticket. Hell, he might be able to pick up a spent ticket and turn it in and win. Think about this: Urban has a crisis on his hands, he is under attack and all the media is after him. Nobody thinks he can survive. Sports networks have written him off for “toast”. The word was that the school was going to jettison him, look good to the domestic abuse activists, and then fight him in court. It was over, dirt was being thrown on the coffin. Then, like an early Christmas present and probably the only thing severe enough that could have taken the heat off of him, D.J. Durkin gifts Urban with his own media attention and makes Urban’s transgressions look mild compared to a player dying and evidence surfacing that Durkin was a contributor to the environment that allowed this young man to die. Only Urban could get that lucky, at the tragic death of a kid. You have to admit that this is probably the only thing that, in a day and age where domestic abuse is a rush to judgement and society mandates immediate punishment, could have taken any of the spotlight of Urban. And there can be no denying that without the tragedy in Maryland, and the evidence that Durkin was involved, the spotlight stays on Urban and there is no chance in hell he survives. I had an Ohio State U sports writer tell me that they had plenty of other good coaches and they would be fine, their own sportswriters had written him off. The Maryland incident allowed the OSU board and wagon circlers to take things behind a curtain, let some time pass, and then issue a mild punishment. Perhaps more importantly, the Durkin incident afforded Urban more time to unite his attorney and forces and better “enlighten” the OSU board members into just how expensive his forced departure would cost/harm the program.

If Urban buys a lottery ticket and it falls out of his pocket and you see it, jump on it. Because he is the luckiest coach in college football today.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I have liked the Canes as a secondary school myself.  I like how edgy and electric they were for a good 20 year period.  College football would benefit from them returning to the top, IMO.

Richt having them in contention late last year (in year 2 by the way) is a very good sign. Future recruiting classes are getting stacked. South Florida is becoming Cane country only again. Can't wait for Sunday's game! Glad to know there are other Canes fans up this way!

From early 80's to early 2000's they had 5 titles...but if they played under current system where Saban has backed into 4....Canes could and should have had 3-4 more. 1 more year until my chest gets really big but Richt has done a phenomenal job in 2 seasons.

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'd like to know more about Smith incident. His stuff on Twitter is interesting. 

He definitely didn't make himself look good with his twitter rant today.  If he wanted to share his side, a prepared statement would have been a much better look.  He just made himself look crazy, but it will be interesting to continue watching this unfold.

Here's his twitter in case people want a good 15 minutes of entertainment.

His mom also had a Facebook rant if people get really bored.  Called out Urban Meyer a bit in it.  I don't think we've heard the end of this drama.

6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

He definitely didn't make himself look good with his twitter rant today.  If he wanted to share his side, a prepared statement would have been a much better look.  He just made himself look crazy, but it will be interesting to continue watching this unfold.

Here's his twitter in case people want a good 15 minutes of entertainment.

His mom also had a Facebook rant if people get really bored.  Called out Urban Meyer a bit in it.  I don't think we've heard the end of this drama.

I honestly didnt have a problem with the twitter stuff. I do have a problem with the media and the general public being judge and jury though. He has every right for people to hear his side of it. Also.. he wasnt ever arrested for any of this stuff, correct?

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I honestly didnt have a problem with the twitter stuff. I do have a problem with the media and the general public being judge and jury though. He has every right for people to hear his side of it. Also.. he wasnt ever arrested for any of this stuff, correct?

I am all for him getting his side of the story out there, but doing it through a Twitter rant isn't the best look. A prepared statement shared with the media or put on Twitter would have made him look much better than this did.

Especially since one of the points against him is that he's accused of losing his temper which supposedly led to domestic violence.  Losing his cool and blasting people on Twitter makes him look like he struggles keeping his emotions under control. Just not a smart way to go about it considering the circumstances.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

You're not this naive, right?

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I am all for him getting his side of the story out there, but doing it through a Twitter rant isn't the best look. A prepared statement shared with the media or put on Twitter would have made him look much better than this did.

Especially since one of the points against him is that he's accused of losing his temper which supposedly led to domestic violence.  Losing his cool and blasting people on Twitter makes him look like he struggles keeping his emotions under control. Just not a smart way to go about it considering the circumstances.

That's fair. 

45 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You're not this naive, right?

I simply just want to hear his side of it. I have history with this sort of thing. Not me specifically.. but someone close. And what people thought "happened" wasnt even close to what "actually" happened. 

And hey.. if Dane Fife can be oblivious to literally EVERYTHING going on at MSU.. its certainly possible this Smith guy might have some truth to his story. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I simply just want to hear his side of it. I have history with this sort of thing. Not me specifically.. but someone close. And what people thought "happened" wasnt even close to what "actually" happened. 

And hey.. if Dane Fife can be oblivious to literally EVERYTHING going on at MSU.. its certainly possible this Smith guy might have some truth to his story. 

Listen there have been cases where people have lost their jobs or even incarcerated over things they did not do.  But those are few and far between.  But you seem to be caught up in this whole "he didn't get arrested" thingy.  So, what if he didn't beat his wife?  Calls were made.  Something was going on.  Then we got sex toys, a DUI, male enhancement drugs, pictures, and a strip club.  Seems to me the dude has a pattern of bad behavior.  

45 minutes ago, rico said:

Listen there have been cases where people have lost their jobs or even incarcerated over things they did not do.  But those are few and far between.  But you seem to be caught up in this whole "he didn't get arrested" thingy.  So, what if he didn't beat his wife?  Calls were made.  Something was going on.  Then we got sex toys, a DUI, male enhancement drugs, pictures, and a strip club.  Seems to me the dude has a pattern of bad behavior.  

First.. chill... 

I'm not caught up in anything. 

Literally simply said, he wasnt arrested for it.. maybe there is a lot more to it than we know. Maybe he is complete scum (probable).. regardless.. I would like to know. Notice I haven't said a single negative word about Courtney, or said she is lying.. simply want to know more. 

Dont care about a coach going to a strip club. That's literally legal. This is mostly in reference to the Tom Herman stuff.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

First.. chill... 

I'm not caught up in anything. 

Literally simply said, he wasnt arrested for it.. maybe there is a lot more to it than we know. Maybe he is complete scum (probable).. regardless.. I would like to know. Notice I haven't said a single negative word about Courtney, or said she is lying.. simply want to know more. 

Dont care about a coach going to a strip club. That's literally legal. This is mostly in reference to the Tom Herman stuff.  

Chill?  You are the one over the top.  My take is you are sticking up for him.  Guilty until proven innocent type stuff.  The fact remains that Zach had several incidents that were discharge worthy regardless of the DV.  

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Chill?  You are the one over the top.  My take is you are sticking up for him.  Guilty until proven innocent type stuff.  The fact remains that Zach had several incidents that were discharge worthy regardless of the DV.  

And your take is wrong lol that's not my fault. Guilty until proven innocent? Is this real life?

I haven't been the one quoting others today and commenting on their posts because I'm failing to comprehend what others are posting. Sorry I don't just go believing what the media, in particular ESPN, tells me to believe. 

Please show me where I have "stuck up" for Smith. I LITERALLY SAID HE IS PROBABLY A SCUM BAG JESUS. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And your take is wrong lol that's not my fault. Guilty until proven innocent? Is this real life?

I haven't been the one quoting others today and commenting on their posts because I'm failing to comprehend what others are posting. Sorry I don't just go believing what the media, in particular ESPN, tells me to believe. 

Please show me where I have "stuck up" for Smith. I LITERALLY SAID HE IS PROBABLY A SCUM BAG JESUS. 

JSMH

Archived