Trivia

rico

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Found a good one...

What HOF NFL running and what future MLB All Star led the nation in high school basketball scoring  average during their respective prep careers?

Hmmmm....The Reds had a couple of fine players that were HS Basketball stand-outs...Don Gullett and Eric Davis.  

2 hours ago, rico said:

Hmmmm....The Reds had a couple of fine players that were HS Basketball stand-outs...Don Gullett and Eric Davis.  

No, neither of those, but the baseball player did play a year each for the teams the Reds defeated in the 75 and 76 World Series...

Edit: that's a bad hint. He played a year for those 2 teams, just not during 75 and 76. 

And the football player is also widely acknowledged as the greatest Lacrosse player ever...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, neither of those, but the baseball player did play a year each for the teams the Reds defeated in the 75 and 76 World Series...

And the football player is also widely acknowledged as the greatest Lacrosse player ever...

Hmmmm...dang good one young man.  I am lost on the MLB(so far).  Now the future HoF running back and the lacrosse narrows it down for me on that one.  Syracuse?  Jim Brown...before my time, but Dad told me he was great at everything he did.  So I will guess him for that side still thinking about the MLB side now.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Hmmmm...dang good one young man.  I am lost on the MLB(so far).  Now the future HoF running back and the lacrosse narrows it down for me on that one.  Syracuse?  Jim Brown...before my time, but Dad told me he was great at everything he did.  So I will guess him for that side still thinking about the MLB side now.

I would agree that Jim Brown makes a lot of sense.  My only guess for the MLB  player was Dave Winfield 

Just now, rico said:

That's correct. Jim Brown, who as much as I love Walter Payton, IS the greatest running back of all time,  averaged 38 pts per in 1952. 

To me, he's the greatest athlete ever...I read where the first time he picked up a bowling ball, he bowled an over 200 game.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Whoever it is has to have played both for the Yankees and the Red Sox at some point in time.

That is true, but the 2 teams he's mainly known for are in the AL Central (beginning of his career) and NL West (end of career)...

And he's still involved in MLB, but not as a manager or coach

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have one for you. What was the only NBA team to win a championship while having both guards averaging over 25 points a game?

Name them. I dont think either LED their team in scoring. 

For clarification, did they average 25 per over the course of the season? Or just in the finals?

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have one for you. What was the only NBA team to win a championship while having both guards averaging over 25 points a game?

Name them. I dont think either LED their team in scoring. 

Has to be an injury or something. Where players average that high of ppg but don't lead team in playoffs. I'm drawing blanks because the last 25 years or so in NBA has been star dominant. Has to be 70's players or teams. 80's was all Celtics/Lakers and at the end Pistons/Bulls Rockets....90's again Bulls....2000 and beyond all star dominant. 

My answer. No clue.