Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Just saw this on facebook, but aparently there was a movie made about the '15 Barr-Reeve team that will be playing in Washington, Vincennes and Terra Haute in the comming weeks.  It's called "Kings of Indiana" i believe.  I'll see if I can find the link.

Did you see the Medora movie a few years ago. Wow I knew it was a rough place but man. 

My son played  a game at Medora and it was their homecoming and after they announce the winner she makes a ceremonial walk around the gym waving to the crowd. I found it interesting and kind of neat until we got cussed out for not standing for the Queen.

It was an extended half time and I needed to get something from car. I went out a side door and was shocked to see a Medora player that opened the door for me. Standing just outside in uniform smoking and holding his baby. Kid was polite but I was in shock. After the game we found out the Queen was his baby momma. 

Just another Friday night in in Indiana 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Blackhawk's first sectional opponent is Lakewood Park. This past Monday, they beat LP by 65.

Don't think Furst's team is going to be challenged until they get to finals.

I went and looked at the 1A rankings......there are only two other northern teams ranked.  Argos and Lafayette Central Catholic.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

If they win this year and next would move up to 2A his Senior year?

You are correct.  Success factor would move them up. In fact, just going to the state finals two consecutive years would do that, even if they do not win.

Happened to the North Harrison girls.  Lost back to back finals in 3A, played the last 2 years in 4A and never got out of sectional, even with a all-state caliber player.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did you see the Medora movie a few years ago. Wow I knew it was a rough place but man. 

My son played  a game at Medora and it was their homecoming and after they announce the winner she makes a ceremonial walk around the gym waving to the crowd. I found it interesting and kind of neat until we got cussed out for not standing for the Queen.

It was an extended half time and I needed to get something from car. I went out a side door and was shocked to see a Medora player that opened the door for me. Standing just outside in uniform smoking and holding his baby. Kid was polite but I was in shock. After the game we found out the Queen was his baby momma. 

Just another Friday night in in Indiana 

I am not a proponent of consolidation,  but the state is failing those kids by not offering them a better academic opportunity.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You are correct.  Success factor would move them up. In fact, just going to the state finals two consecutive years would do that, even if they do not win.

Happened to the North Harrison girls.  Lost back to back finals in 3A, played the last 2 years in 4A and never got out of sectional, even with a all-state caliber player.

I thought so but was not sure if it would affect him while a Senior or the year after. Greensburg had that issue I believe 

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I thought so but was not sure if it would affect him while a Senior or the year after. Greensburg had that issue I believe 

If we are talking about Furst and Blackhawk, stepping up a class will not bother them at all.  They are used to playing bigger schools.

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I am not a proponent of consolidation,  but the state is failing those kids by not offering them a better academic opportunity.

The latest enrollment count showed them with 73 students, only 32 of which were freshmen and sophomores. That's literally just an extra bus to Brownstown each day.

I was watching the HS highlights.  East Noble at Wawasee.  East Noble won.  But they had a highlight of a kid by the name of Ali Ali for EN.  He took it coast to coast through traffic and jammed it.  6-8 and skinny, but could run the floor and and handle the ball.  Anybody know about this kid?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I was watching the HS highlights.  East Noble at Wawasee.  East Noble won.  But they had a highlight of a kid by the name of Ali Ali for EN.  He took it coast to coast through traffic and jammed it.  6-8 and skinny, but could run the floor and and handle the ball.  Anybody know about this kid?

Signed to play at Akron....16 ppg

Girls State Finals set.

Here are the 4 teams representing the 'Southern' part of the state.

Class A - Vincennes Rivet (I'll give you this one)

Class AA - Winchester (ummm.....not in the South)

Class AAA - Benton Central (South!!! Are you serious!)

Class AAAA - Lawrence North (not Southern Indiana either)

Benton Central and Winchester feeding into the Southern Semi-States is absurd.  I can understand Lawrence North because the bulk of 4A schools are in the Indy area.  Some of them have to feed to the South.  The other two are ridiculous.

42 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Boys sectional pairings announced today.  For me, sectional week is as exciting as the first Thursday/Friday of the NCAA tournament

http://indianahsbasketball.homestead.com/files/pairings.htm#loaded

More so....what’s so exciting about a tourney without IU where we root for Purdue to lose? I’d take Sectionals all day every day until we get a respectable program again.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Boys sectional pairings announced today.  For me, sectional week is as exciting as the first Thursday/Friday of the NCAA tournament

Thanks for putting that up.  I checked it out to see who my alma mater drew.  I chuckled, looks at though their decent season will come to an quick end in the Westview sectional.  

On 2/16/2019 at 10:33 PM, 5fouls said:

Girls State Finals set.

Here are the 4 teams representing the 'Southern' part of the state.

Class A - Vincennes Rivet (I'll give you this one)

Class AA - Winchester (ummm.....not in the South)

Class AAA - Benton Central (South!!! Are you serious!)

Class AAAA - Lawrence North (not Southern Indiana either)

Benton Central and Winchester feeding into the Southern Semi-States is absurd.  I can understand Lawrence North because the bulk of 4A schools are in the Indy area.  Some of them have to feed to the South.  The other two are ridiculous.

Not any worse than the Colts being in the AFC South.

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks for that link - love that you can click on the hs, and from there, go back and look at tournament history (I think at least back to 1965).  

Archived