Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have not checked many scores yet. I loved when my son played games at Knightstown in all 3 sports. Some of his best performances 

Since they built the new school about 13 years ago so I guess that is not really new anymore they have a lot better facilities.  The football field was one of the first field turf fields in our area and it looks really well.  Last year we finally were able to build a new baseball field at the school where everything was at one location.  The school that I went to that was the high school is the middle school and that was where they still played baseball until last year.  Also for some reason when we built the gym they put in shot clocks just in case they ever went to having a shot clock in high school.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Since they built the new school about 13 years ago so I guess that is not really new anymore they have a lot better facilities.  The football field was one of the first field turf fields in our area and it looks really well.  Last year we finally were able to build a new baseball field at the school where everything was at one location.  The school that I went to that was the high school is the middle school and that was where they still played baseball until last year.  Also for some reason when we built the gym they put in shot clocks just in case they ever went to having a shot clock in high school.

We got lost trying to find the baseball field, missed the first inning wife was ticked because I said I knew where I was going. I knew where the school was just not the baseball field. My son hit 2 dingers that day and she got to see both so it all worked out. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

We got lost trying to find the baseball field, missed the first inning wife was ticked because I said I knew where I was going. I knew where the school was just not the baseball field. My son hit 2 dingers that day and she got to see both so it all worked out. 

What years did your kids play.  My nephew was at K-Town from 04-06 and played baseball, basketball and soccer.  In those years our sports were really good and made the semi state in basketball in 06 and the state finals in football that same year.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What years did your kids play.  My nephew was at K-Town from 04-06 and played baseball, basketball and soccer.  In those years our sports were really good and made the semi state in basketball in 06 and the state finals in football that same year.

My daughter graduated in 2014 but Knightstown was just getting into our conference that year. My son graduated in 2017 and knightstown baseball was ranked #1 and he was pitching at home and took a 1-1 game into 7th  and we lost 16-1.

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My daughter graduated in 2014 but Knightstown was just getting into our conference that year. My son graduated in 2017 and knightstown baseball was ranked #1 and he was pitching at home and took a 1-1 game into 7th  and we lost 16-1.

Our baseball team for 3 years were very good and made the semi state twice. Me and my son drove down to Jasper to watch them in the semi state but got beat.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not specifically basketball related, but MaxPreps compiled a list of the best High School Sports Town in each of the 50 states.

For Indiana...........No surprise once you see it.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/E8FRLR_1c0qLY8Lxp6PRpw/best-high-school-sports-towns-in-each-state.htm

I like dipping apple slices in Carmel....:coffee:

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I like dipping apple slices in Carmel....:coffee:

Speaking of dipping.  Was listening to Dakich a little today.  He was 'reporting' a news story about a delivery man dipping his 'chestnuts' in salsa that was part of a delivery because he was unhappy about the tip given on an online order.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Speaking of dipping.  Was listening to Dakich a little today.  He was 'reporting' a news story about a delivery man dipping his 'chestnuts' in salsa that was part of a delivery because he was unhappy about the tip given on an online order.  

Word to the wise....I love my job!!!!!!!

Back on track.  38 more sectional games scheduled tonight, as all the 7 team sectionals complete their opening round.  Not as many games as last night, but still some good ones on tap.  3A favorite Culver Academy and 1A favorite Fort Wayne Blackhawk both in action.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Back on track.  38 more sectional games scheduled tonight, as all the 7 team sectionals complete their opening round.  Not as many games as last night, but still some good ones on tap.  3A favorite Culver Academy and 1A favorite Fort Wayne Blackhawk both in action.

Both will win easily.....but Culver Academy's sectional does have Mishiwaka Marian in it.  That should be interesting.

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Our baseball team for 3 years were very good and made the semi state twice. Me and my son drove down to Jasper to watch them in the semi state but got beat.

God I HATE Jasper baseball!!   They are the Duke of hs baseball....but like WAAAYYYYY more a-holish about it.

56 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Need some help. A Question was asked and I can't find where. Q- what is the only Indiana high school to play in all state tournaments since 1911? Meaning the school has remained the same. Does anybody have the answer? 

That surprises me that there would only be one.  I would think a lot of schools in that first tournament still exist.  And, I can't think of a reason why they would have missed years since?   Was the tournament invitation only the first few years?

Archived