Indiana HS hoops

rico

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No love for the Carmel Greyhounds? Heck of a season for them.

You cannot deny how much they benefit from going north in football and basketball. Basically they have beat Penn each year in football to go to the state.. little more difficult in basketball.

But the rest of the MIC all has to go south. Huge advantage. 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You cannot deny how much they benefit from going north in football and basketball. Basically they have beat Penn each year in football to go to the state.. little more difficult in basketball.

But the rest of the MIC all has to go south. Huge advantage. 

Oh it definitely helps but they also went undefeated against the MIC this year.  Would it be a tougher rough having to go south? No question.  But I still think they would've won it all this year. They play a tough schedule every year.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What is considered a township school versus a non-township school?

Well countys are broken down into townships.  Like my HS, Whitko has 5 townships that feed it.  Wabash is a city school, if you live in city limits you go to Wabash High.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well countys are broken down into townships.  Like my HS, Whitko has 5 townships that feed it.  Wabash is a city school, if you live in city limits you go to Wabash High.

Ahh I see. Not sure to be honest. I think only one township feeds into Carmel but not 100% sure. 

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh it definitely helps but they also went undefeated against the MIC this year.  Would it be a tougher rough having to go south? No question.  But I still think they would've won it all this year. They play a tough schedule every year.

Correct. But all I said was how much they benefit from it. I mean having to win 3 or 4 tough games compared to 1 or 2 is a massive advantage. 

Archived