Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Reacher

IU at Michigan Game Thread

Archie is right. There is no sync on the offensive side of the ball yet. Defense is okay, but man, we need to develop an offensive identity. Justin Smith could be that third option, but he just can't find his groove. Baby steps, I know, but man is this team frustrating to watch.  

If you would have told me we would only have 6 turnovers with 4 min to go, outrebounded them and shot a better 3 pt % , I'd have been happy with our odds 

1 minute ago, AshtonHershey said:

Back to the land of the unranked. Hopefully next week will be a better one.

Every team behind us lost too. We probably hang on at about 24

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

...after reading a few of your comments, I hope you don't have access to any firearms.

What a sad life you must lead...perpetually disappointed.

I can't wait for the rematch

Just too much to overcome to a really good team. Unlike at Duke we grew some stones and played hard and got back in it. Just couldn’t get over the top. Not a morale victory but showed we can out play them and really did the last 30 mins of the game.

Just now, MrsStoller said:

Mr. Stoller has asked if that was Justin Smith’s first basket?

6 points and 9 rebounds

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

6 points and 9 rebounds

Thank you - shared this with Mr. Stoller.  Edited to add: Mr. Stoller says not a bad game. 

Edited by MrsStoller

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We only have two guys that can score consistently. Our offense is going to limit us for the rest of the season.  Better get used to it. 

Agreed.  Need a third option to develop, preferably from the perimeter.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

How is it they send 1 guy to the boards and twice now came up with offensive rebounds. Ugh. I don’t know where the offense comes with this unit. If we can keep it to 10 by half we done well.

I’ll give the guys credit for fighting. CAM’s teams don’t give up, but man we’re hurting after RL and JM. We don’t have a SINGLE person we can “somewhat” rely on with the ball on offense. Not sure why people jumped all over the guy that said we’d be in trouble on the offensive side next year. Count me as concerned. This year we’d be dangerous against anybody if we had a shooter to pair with our big 2, but next year!? Highly disappointed with the inability of Green and Smith to help on the offensive end.