Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If he goes he goes. Would be a great get but IU doesn’t scream OAD. If that is his priority I can see why he would go somewhere where he would be the focal point of the offense. I mean Romeo is twice the player Keion is and we run basically nothing special for him. He plays within the concept of our offense. Keion would just be another guy on the team. We will see which way he goes but the move to LaLu kinda points of him going in this direction.

I don't neccesarily read his quote directly as he without a doubt WANTS to be a OAD, but yet he said it is his dream which I think a lot of us can say a dream would to be getting paid millions of dollars in the NBA which is what he said. A lot of players would say that their dream is to be a OAD, but doesn't mean they think they will be

I'd love to have Keion but after getting several nice recruits and lots of Indiana guys, Keion would be a great get but not a must-have.  Frankly, I think Lander is more of a must-have at this point.  Keion would have a great time at IU and be part of a successful blue blood resurgence, but I think IU is a fine team with or without him...just that much better with him.

...but if he'd rather ride Roy's bench like Little, I'll understand.:nansplit::jumprope::nansplit:

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd love to have Keion but after getting several nice recruits and lots of Indiana guys, Keion would be a great get but not a must-have.  Frankly, I think Lander is more of a must-have at this point.  Keion would have a great time at IU and be part of a successful blue blood resurgence, but I think IU is a fine team with or without him...just that much better with him.

...but if he'd rather ride Roy's bench like Little, I'll understand.:nansplit::jumprope::nansplit:

Two years away from Lander graduating. I think that’s a little early to call almost anyone in that class a must-have. A lot can happen in that time.

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Two years away from Lander graduating. I think that’s a little early to call almost anyone in that class a must-have. A lot can happen in that time.

Re-read the post..."Lander is MORE OF a must-have..."  At this point, I'm not labeling ANY prospect an absolute must-have.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled to have Keion in candystripes, but Lander is closer to a must-have than Keion is.

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I remember when Hartman and Perea were listed as 5 stars (Scout) as Sophomores. Agree all day...plenty can happen in 2 years.

I accidentally put this in the Luke Brown thread.

Take it for what it's worth, getting it's the same type of diversion TJD had come out. Lately his camp and KB saying all schools in play. Way too much done deal talk  to IU wants the suspense. this guy is telling me all smoke screen IU fans nothing has changed. At this point I have no reason not to trust him. Recruiting is fluid but I dont see him anywhere other than IU  

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I accidentally put this in the Luke Brown thread.

Take it for what it's worth, getting it's the same type of diversion TJD had come out. Lately his camp and KB saying all schools in play. Way too much done deal talk  to IU wants the suspense. this guy is telling me all smoke screen IU fans nothing has changed. At this point I have no reason not to trust him. Recruiting is fluid but I dont see him anywhere other than IU  

I hope so. I want this Hoosier in the stripes. I just get the feeling he takes pride in being a Hoosier. Isn't he the one that once spoke about wearing INDIANA across his chest?  Or did I dream that?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Represent not only Indiana, but Fort Wayne. Keion has a chance to be one of the best to ever play at IU from The Fort. Come on, make your state and your city proud!

As a Fort Wayne native and NSHS graduate, that's one of the reasons I want him bad. There haven't been any of those at IU :) Eshaunte Jones is the only one I know of, and he never played a game for them. Having a Fort Wayne guy would be a big inroad in recruiting for IU.  

48 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

As a Fort Wayne native and NSHS graduate, that's one of the reasons I want him bad. There haven't been any of those at IU :) Eshaunte Jones is the only one I know of, and he never played a game for them. Having a Fort Wayne guy would be a big inroad in recruiting for IU.  

College roommate graduated from North Side. Got to play Sycamore Hills golf course a few times

40 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Back in the early 70s there was a guy named Steve Heiniger that came from FW North and played all of 42 minutes spread over 12 games. This would have been the 71-72 season--RMK's first. Don't know any of the details as to why he left after one season.

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Blackmon was Fort Wayne...

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I grew up in Fort Wayne in the 80's and early 90's.  Long gap between John Flowers and James Hardy for any Fort Wayne talent associated with IU, I believe. James Blackmon would be the best I can remember.  Keion has a chance to be special.

Luke Recker was from Auburn which anymore is just about a FW suburb 

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I grew up in Fort Wayne in the 80's and early 90's.  Long gap between John Flowers and James Hardy for any Fort Wayne talent associated with IU, I believe. James Blackmon would be the best I can remember.  Keion has a chance to be special.

I was mostly referring to NSHS. But, yes Blackmon (Luers), and tragically Hardy (Elmhurst) were both from Fort Wayne. DeKalb doesn't count :) PU has had success there, most likely because of Roosevelt Barnes. I have lived all over the country, but have a special place in my heart for the Fort. 

Archived