Transfer portal

NotIThatLives

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I could see him going to IUPUI

I would say he may he looking to go up in level of competition. Being freshman of the year in a small conference would suggest he can/should play up.

Not saying IU or big ten level, I simply do not know. But IUPUI is not much different than Chattanooga beyond location.

I have to think location and level of competition both play a part in his decision.

100% winging these thoughts on my part.  Lol

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Easley transferring 

Found an article stating that he originally committed to play for Will Wade at VCU. When Wade left, he decommitted. Sounds like his AAU coach helped him select Chattanooga. Hmmm.

Set aside the fact he came to the Scenic City as the proud program's most decorated recruit ever, an ESPN-rated four-star forward from basketball-crazy Indiana who had offers to play for college programs including his home-state Hoosiers, Purdue, Nebraska, Butler and Cincinnati. It's not important that early in his prep career, Easley was mentioned prominently as a top-five player in the country for his signing class.

But why would a star recruit go to a program that had exactly one player returning from a last-place mid-major conference when he had his pick of several perennial NCAA tournament schools?

The fit, it seems, was too good to pass up.

"I've been getting offers since the eighth grade. My dad and Coach Mike (AAU coach Mike Saunders) are the two that helped me" Easley said, referring to his AAU coach, Mike Saunders. "We picked the first school, VCU, but Coach Wade went to LSU, so things got a little crazy afterwards.

"We were really looking for a school that fits and not just go off a name, so I came down to Chattanooga and I really liked it. It had potential, you could see that. It was more of an opportunity, for me, to come in and play right away and make a difference."

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2019/jan/17/keveasley-more-star-court-mocs/486805/

Any chances that some of these teams that are losing coaches could have kids transfer out? I think of Kyra Lewis at Alabama for instance as someone we recruited.

I mean Vandy has a couple kids that would be nice pickups like Shittu and Nesmith etc. I'm sure there will be other coaching changes too that could see some kids leave. I know they would have to sit out but that might not be a bad thing scholarship count wise in balancing out these classes. Any names or thoughts??

48 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

We have 2 dozen shooters better than that in every class in Indiana

I’d much rather find someone else. But figured I’d throw out the shooting %. If IU takes a transfer, I’d like to see the Easley kid. 

Just saw on a Butler message board that Joey Brunk is looking to transfer from Butler and the word is that he is looking at IU and OSU as his preferred destinations. The way it sounded was that there have been some back channel conversations that have taken place as well.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Brunk would only interest me as a grad transfer.  Why waste a scholarship on a backup big who has to sit out a year to play a year?

I thought he would have two years left because he sat out his first year and then he has played his last two years.  Also it might be a chance that he could be able to graduate after 3 years so he could be a grad transfer with 2 years left of eligibility.  What I like about Brunk is the passion he plays with plus he has some very good post moves with his up and under move

Archived