How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

9 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Well neither Texas nor Creighton make espn's bracket right now.  You referenced them earlier.  And all I am saying is that the folks at espn don't seem to think much of the Power 5 schools with what they view as mediocre records...and that includes IU.  Jay Bilas ranks us 47 in his list of best 68 teams, but says we have too many losses.  I realize they're not the committee, but still they are the media.  I understand your point, but who knows how the committee is going to react to our 12 game losing streak.  Or how they're going to use the new analytical tools at their disposal.  It all gives me reason to doubt.  I surely hope you're right and I'm wrong.  I'd actually rather see us win our tournament and the automatic bid.  😁

FWIW, ESPN's bracket does have Texas in right now.  I can't imagine they stay there if they lose to Kansas, but they are there right now.  In regards to Bilas's comment about our number of losses, we will end up with 15.  If we don't get chosen, there will be more than one 14 loss team get in.  I've not done a complete analysis of all of those teams, but I doubt the resumes in those 14 loss teams are better than ours.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's got Clemson in before NC State despite NC State just beating Clemson on a neutral floor?

He's another clown.  NC State vs Clemson was def a play in type game.  Winner of that game(If the winner is taken) is highly considered as a "last 4 in".  No way Clemson is in after taking a first day exit in their tourney

8 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Syracuse and St Johns cruise to victory. Oklahoma, the team that could most afford to lose of the three, does indeed go down.

Great ending to the  Oklahoma game where it looks like they hit the game tying 3 at the buzzer but the kids foot was on the line

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

FWIW, ESPN's bracket does have Texas in right now.  I can't imagine they stay there if they lose to Kansas, but they are there right now.  In regards to Bilas's comment about our number of losses, we will end up with 15.  If we don't get chosen, there will be more than one 14 loss team get in.  I've not done a complete analysis of all of those teams, but I doubt the resumes in those 14 loss teams are better than ours.

I don't disagree with you.  We need to win today and see how the espn talking yo-yos react...then move on.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, no need to concern ourselves about this issue...is there.

I don't think this issues is as cut and dry as it's made out to be. To my mind we were clearly in before today's game. How much does a close loss to a tournament team hurt your resume? Some, for sure. But, so much that we have no chance? I don't think so. I'm not going to go put any money on it, but I'd put it at a 20% chance we get in. We still have a better resume than teams that will get in. 

Flame away.

23 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't think this issues is as cut and dry as it's made out to be. To my mind we were clearly in before today's game. How much does a close loss to a tournament team hurt your resume? Some, for sure. But, so much that we have no chance? I don't think so. I'm not going to go put any money on it, but I'd put it at a 20% chance we get in. We still have a better resume than teams that will get in. 

Flame away.

I actually agree. We will probably have some clarity before Sunday, but if we get the right breaks I still think we have a shot. 

24 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Flame away.

It’s not one loss.  It’s the 15.

36 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Flame away.

Well, you certainly have the right to your opinion.  I think most people feel it's a really big stretch.

Archived